After creating your website widget and adding channels to it, you can now add the website widget to your website. In this article, we’ll show you the different ways to do this.
Add the website widget to your website
You can add your website widget to your website via the source code, or via Google Tag Manager. Below, you’ll find how to do this.
Follow the steps below to add the website widget to your website via the source code.
2. Select your website widget and click ‘Installation’;
3. Copy the installation code and paste it into the source code of every website page before the closing </head> tag, to have the website widget appear on these pages. You can also add the installation code to your website source code to add it to all pages at once.
Google Tag Manager
Follow the steps below to add the website widget to your website via Google Tag Manager.
1. Navigate to Google Tag Manager and select the account you’d like to install the website widget on;
2. Click ‘New tag’;
3. Add a name;
4. Click ‘Tag configuration’, scroll down to ‘Custom’ and select ‘Custom HTML’;
5. Head to your Trengo inbox and retrieve the website widget installation code, by going to Settings > Settings > Web Widgets > Your website widget > Installation. Paste it in the ‘Tag configuration’, and enable ‘Support document.write’;
6. Add your preferred trigger. Select ‘All pages’ if you’d like to have the website widget show up on all your website pages;
7. Click ‘Save’;
8. Select ‘Submit’, and you’re website widget is now set up via Google Tag Manager.
Add the website widget to your WordPress website
If you’d like to add your website widget to a WordPress website, please follow the steps below.
2. Place the installation code in the template of your WordPress theme, or use this plugin to add the code to your header.
ℹ️ It’s also possible to use Google Tag Manager to add the website widget to your WordPress website.