To start a conversation with a customer via WhatsApp Business API, you can use a WhatsApp template. This is a pre-approved message you need to submit and has to be approved by Meta before you are able to send it to a customer. Keep WhatsApp’s conditions in mind, when creating a new WhatsApp template.
WhatsApp Templates via KeyReply
To add a WhatsApp template to Trengo with KeyReply as your BSP, follow the steps below.
2. Click the ‘plus’ icon, or ‘New Template’ and fill out the form;
1. Title: Give the template a recognizable name.
2. Identifier: The identifier for this template will be filled in automatically. You don’t have to adjust this.
3. Category: Choose which category your template relates to most (Marketing, Transactional, or One-time password).
4. Language: Select the language the template is in.
5. Channel: Choose for which channel you’d like to use this template.
6. Message: Type the message the template should contain. Don’t forget you can add variables, to make your message more personal.
7. Buttons: With KeyReply as your BSP, you are not able to use templates including buttons. Keep this option disabled.
8. Status: Here you can find the current status of your submitted template (Under review, Accepted, or Rejected).
9. Create Template: Click this button to create and submit your template.
Once the template is created in Trengo, WhatsApp will review it. When it gets approved, we’ll reach out to you with a ‘Namespace’ code. Paste this code in the ‘Namespace’ field, found by going to Settings > Channels > WhatsApp Business > Your WhatsApp channel, and click ‘Save changes’. You and your colleagues are now able to send out the template.
ℹ️ The first 10 WhatsApp templates you submit with KeyReply as your BSP are free. Each additional submitted template costs €45,- per template.
ℹ️ Be aware that additional costs are associated with the use of WhatsApp Templates. For an accurate and up-to-date overview, please see WhatsApp’s conversation-based pricing.