When you send an email from a forwarding email channel in Trengo, emails will be sent from a randomly generated ‘trengomail’ address. For a more professional look, you can choose to add your own domain to this email channel.
ℹ️ This feature is available for Scale and Enterprise plans.
Adding a domain
Follow the steps below to add your domain to Trengo, to use it as your sender email address.
2. Go to the ‘Domain settings’ tab;
3. Type your email address including the domain you’d like to add, and click ‘Add input as a new email’;
4. You’ll find the email address you like to add, which you can edit by clicking the ‘pen’ icon. The current status of your domain is displayed as well, and you can update the status by clicking ‘Check status’;
5. In case you’re unfamiliar with connecting a domain, feel free to email the instructions to your developer or IT specialist;
6. The first part of domain verification is checking whether the domain you try to verify, actually belongs to you. Add the given record to your DNS settings as a text (TXT) record;
7. Next up is adding an SPF record to your domain settings. Copy the information in Trengo and paste it into your DNS settings;
ℹ️ If you already have an SPF record in your domain settings, make sure to include Trengo’s records in there, instead of creating a new one.
8. The final record that needs to be added is the DKIM record. Copy and paste this one into your DNS settings.
ℹ️ Do note it can take up to 24 hours before DNS settings are processed by your domain provider. Trengo has no influence over this process.