To add Google Business Messages (GBM) to Trengo, you first need to set up your GBM agent and brand. This article describes the first step in adding GBM to Trengo.
ℹ️ Before adding this channel, feel free to first read all about Google Business Messages in Trengo.
Set up GBM agent and brand
Follow the steps below to set up your GBM channel, brand, and agent in Trengo.
2. Configure your Google Business Message brand and agent;
1. Internal name: Give your channel a suitable name.
2. Teams: Select the responsible team(s) for this channel.
3. Brand name: Add the official name of your brand here.
4. Brand logo: Submit your brand logo. Click ‘See your logo’ to get an example of how it will look for your customer.
5. Brand website URL: Add your official brand website.
ℹ️ If you already have your brand registered in a Google Business account, make sure to copy the brand name, brand website, and logo from your Google Business account. This will speed up the verification with Google.
6. Brand contact name: Provide the name of the person responsible for this submission. This is for internal use only and will be used for the verification process.
7. Brand contact email: Add the email address of the person responsible for the submission. This is for internal use only and will be used for the verification process.
ℹ️ Make sure to use an email address with a domain name that matches your business. If Trengo would enter a submission, the used email address would be ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
8. Agent’s display name: Add your brand name as your agent’s display name.
ℹ️ You can always add a word as ‘Support’ to your agent’s display name. In Trengo’s case, the agent’s display name would be ‘Trengo’ or ‘Trengo Support’.
ℹ️ The language shown to your customer will be based on your customer’s browser language. If no matching language can be detected, Google Business Messages will choose the first option you have set up.
Now it’s time to set up your GBM locations, in order to complete the process of adding Google Business Messages to your Trengo account.