After setting up your Google Business Messages (GBM) agent and brand name, it’s time to set up your GBM locations. Keep in mind that this is the second step in adding GBM to your Trengo channel.
With or without physical location
Before you further set up your GBM locations, decide if you want to add a non-physical or physical location(s).
🔘 Without physical location: Choose this option if your company does not have a physical location. The GBM button will show up in Google Search.
🔘 With physical location: Choose this option if your company has one or more physical locations. The GBM button will show up in Google Search and Google Maps.
Set up GBM without physical location
Follow these steps to set up your Google Business Messages without a physical location.
First, configure your ‘Conversations without physical locations’ settings;
1. Non local conversations: Enable this toggle to add GBM without a physical location.
2. Contact website: The website of your organization, including ‘https://’. This website will be shown with the Google Search result.
3. Contact options: The contact options a customer has with the organization, besides GBM. These do not necessarily have to be linked to Trengo, but will be shown as contact options with the Google Search result.
4. Domains: It’s possible to install a Google Business Messages Widget on your website. In this field, you fill out the domain (e.g. ‘Trengo.com’) that is able to host this widget.
ℹ️ Installing the widget is not mandatory, but you need to fill out the domain.
5. Phone number: Your company’s phone number, which will be shown with the Google Search result.
6. Call overflow phone number: One or multiple phone numbers that can be used as a fallback if the phone number from the field above cannot be reached. These will not be displayed within Google.
Click ‘Create channel’ and continue with verifying your GBM agent to complete adding Google Business Messages to Trengo.
Set up GBM with physical location
Follow these steps to set up your Google Business Messages with a physical location.
1. Enable ‘Physical locations’;
2. Scroll down and click ‘Create channel’;
3. After creating your channel, click the ‘Manage locations’ button and choose ‘New location’ to add your location(s);
1. Place ID: To find your place ID, navigate to Google’s Place ID Finder, search your business location in the provided map, and select your business. The place ID will of your business will be shown.
2. Default language: Add the language customers will usually contact you in via this location.
3. Location entries: Enable ‘Placesheet’ if you like to have the GBM chat button displayed with Google results, and/or enable ‘Maps Tactile’ to have the button displayed in Google Maps.
Once you’ve added your location(s), proceed with verifying your GBM agent to complete adding Google Business Messages to Trengo.