10 Excellent Instagram welcome message examples
A good opening line can make or break a conversation. In fact, it can even make or break a first date, a blog, a good book, and so on. Already feeling the pressure?
By using a strong welcome message on Instagram, you can give the best first impression to your customers. With the right welcome message in place, you will lower your response time and boost customer experience.
In this blog, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about Instagram welcome messages:
- What is an Instagram welcome message?
- The benefits of using an Instagram welcome message
- The look and feel of a good Instagram welcome message
- 10 excellent Instagram welcome message examples
What is an Instagram welcome message?
When someone sends you an Instagram DM, you can directly answer them by sending an automated Instagram welcome message. It’s simply a greeting for (potential) customers on Instagram. You can use different welcome messages for different situations.
The benefits of using Instagram welcome message examples
Using a strong welcome message for Instagram can help you achieve the following:
- Speed up your response time;
- Create a better customer experience;
- Collect valuable leads;
- Improve customer satisfaction.
The look and feel of a good Instagram welcome message
Even though your welcome message will be different in various situations, a strong Instagram welcome message should follow the following best practices:
1. Set expectations
99% of your incoming DM’s probably consist of customer questions. And whether you can answer them directly or not, you should make sure your customers leave the chat satisfied.
One way to do this is by setting clear expectations. It simply feels better for a customer to know for certain when they will be responded to. Make sure you mention an indicated response time or give more information on your team’s availability.
2. Don’t overcomplicate it
“Hi, welcome to our store. Please let me know if I can help you with anything. Enjoy your visit.” It works in physical stores, why should we overcomplicate things online?
It can already be enough for customers to know that you’ve received their message and you’re available for support.
3. Honesty is the best policy
Are you short on agents or having a hard time keeping up with all support inquiries? Be honest. There’s nothing wrong with telling your customers that it will take your team a bit longer than usual.
In fact, it even gives you the opportunity to overdeliver in case things turn out to go faster than expected.
10 excellent Instagram welcome message examples
Now I gave you some input on how to write Instagram welcome messages, it’s time to make your job even easier. Here’s a list of 10 excellent Instagram welcome message examples you can use for your business.
General Instagram welcome messages
1. “Thanks for your message. We’ll get back to you within 24 hours. 😄 Kind regards, team [business].”
2. “Hi! Nice to see you. 👀 We’ll get back to you within 24 hours. In the meantime, you can check our help center with answers to frequently asked questions here: help.trengo.com.”
3. “Hi there! Thanks for contacting us. We’ll reply to your message within 8 hours. In the meantime, did you know we currently offer a 15% discount on all of our products? 🤫 You can use this code: XXXX. Please let me know if you have any further questions, I’ll get back to you shortly.”
Customer support welcome messages
4. “Hi, thanks for your message. We’ll route your message to our best-fit agent and get back to you within 24 hours.👩💻”
5. “Hi there. 👋 Thank you for contacting us. We’ll answer your question within 8 hours. If you have any more questions in the meantime, don’t hesitate to ask.”
Sales related welcome messages
Welcome message to collect a lead
6. “Hi. 👋 Sorry, we’re currently unavailable. If you leave your name and email address, we’ll get back to you within 24 hours. Team [business].“
Welcome message to increase your sales
7. “Hi! Good to see you here. 👀 Did you already know we offer a 20% discount on all our swimwear? 👙 You can use the discount code: XXXX. Let me know if you have any more questions, I’ll get back to you within 24 hours.”
Out-of-office welcome messages
8. “Hello. 👋 Thanks for your message. We’d love to help you, but we’re currently closed. You can check our opening hours at trengo.com/businesshours. We’ll get back to you on our next working day. Team [business].”
Event-based welcome messages
9. “Hi there. First, we want to wish you a very merry Christmas and an amazing new year. 🎅 You can use the code XXXX to get a 10% discount on your favorite product 🎁 Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.”
10. “Ho-ho-ho! 🎅 Please let me know if you have any questions. We’re currently super busy helping Santa, so it might take a bit longer for us to respond.”
Ready to boost your Instagram DM?
I hope these Instagram welcome messages can help you boost your Instagram conversations. Would you like to install a welcome message for your other communication channels as well? And manage all these conversations in one inbox? In Trengo, you can connect all your channels in one inbox and use tools to improve your teamwork.
Start a free trial here and explore Trengo for two weeks.
Try Trengo for free!🚀
A shared inbox for teams.Create Account
More than 20.000 companies preceded you.
Want to know more about Instagram for your business? Take a look at these other blogs: