Why your company shouldn’t stop using email
I come across more and more articles saying that email is nothing than a heavy weight we carry around on our shoulders. Inefficient and outdated. According to some, we should even stop using email altogether. Interesting. Especially since statistics show a strong increase in the usage of email.
And if our customers aren’t giving up on email, how can we? If we decide to keep on using it, we simply have to make the best out of it.
That’s why we created Trengo. With our tool, you and your team can work on email the right way.
In this article, I will explain why you should keep holding on to email, and more importantly, how to do it.
Why we hold on to email
For most companies, the efficient way of using email feels like a faraway fantasy. Long email threads, internal emails, spam, you name it – only speaking these words out loud can give the average professional the chills.
According to the articles I mentioned before, the problem lies with email as a whole. A never-ending to-do list that keeps putting more weight on your shoulders until you crack under the pressure.
But – wait a minute – is it really over then?
Not if you ask us.
Did you know that:
- The total number of business and consumer emails sent and received per day will increase from 306 billion in 2020 to 361 billion in 2024 (The Radicati Group, Inc.)
- The number of active email users is forecasted to increase from 3.9 billion to 4.3 billion in 2023 (Statista)
- Email remains integral to the overall internet experience as an email account is required to sing up to any kind of online activity, for example, social media and online shopping (The Radicati Group, Inc.)
I think these three facts already answer the question. It is not over.
There are more than enough reasons why we shouldn’t stop using email. Let’s get into how to start using email the right way.
Using email the right way
Here are three improvements that make using email fun and productive again.
1. Work together on email
Let’s start with the problem of collaboration. Many companies now resort to using CCs…
To hell with CCs.
With Trengo, you and your team can work together in one inbox. Simply @tag your colleague underneath the email and start a discussion within the thread. All without your customers noticing anything.
2. Automate time-wasting tasks
Email – as we know it – makes us do the same tasks over and over again. Replying to the same customer questions, forwarding emails to colleagues, storing emails in the right folder, and so on. Wouldn’t it be great to get those tasks off your shoulders?
- Rules automatically send your message on its way to the right person, place or the right time.
- Quick- and auto-replies make sure your customer is always answered, for example outside of business hours.
3. Manage emails
Experience overall email management, by using the following tools:
- Assign different email addresses
- Use statistics to track your teams performances
- Create teams to work in
Take email into the future
My advice is clear, right? You shouldn’t stop using email. It will be the most used communication workspace worldwide for a very long time. We just have to use it differently to really get the most out of it once again.
Try Trengo for free!🚀
A shared inbox for teams.Create Account
More than 20.000 companies preceded you.