When I send a message to a business, I expect to get an answer fast. And I’m not the only one. According to our own research, half of the consumers expect businesses to respond within 2 hours. Even more of them expect to get a response outside of business hours.
For businesses with mainly local customers, it’s not that hard to live up to these expectations. But since you’re using WeChat, I bet you have some Chinese customers as well. And when you’re not located in China yourself, the time difference can make offering fast customer service a lot harder.
But no worries. There’s a solution. By using a welcome message for WeChat, you can assure customers of a fast response. Even outside of business hours.
In this blog, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about welcome messages for WeChat and share some ready-to-use templates.
What is a WeChat Welcome message?
A WeChat welcome message is a standardized message that automatically answers WeChat messages. You can use it as a greeting or provide (potential) customers with information. There are different welcome messages you can use for different situations.
The benefits of using WeChat Welcome message templates
Using a strong welcome message for WeChat can help you achieve the following:
- Lower your response time.
- Gather valuable leads.
- Offer service even outside business hours.
- Improve customer satisfaction.
The look and feel of a good WeChat welcome message
Here are some things to keep in mind before you start writing your first WeChat welcome message.
1. Set expectations
Whether a customer has a question or craves more information, in the end, all customers want the same thing: leave the chat satisfied.
You can ensure this by mentioning an indicated response time or giving more information on your team’s availability. This way, you set clear expectations and improve customer satisfaction at the same time.
2. Don’t overcomplicate
When you walk into a physical store, you expect to be greeted and offered help when you need it. That’s all. A 5-minute chit-chat is not really what you are waiting for.
The same goes for a welcome message via WeChat. Keep it short and don’t overcomplicate. It can already be enough for customers to know you’ve received their message and you’re available for support.
3. Give it a human touch
Automated greeting messages tend to come off as kind of robotic. By adding a few emojis to your message, you already give it a human touch. 😄 You can also create a more personal welcome message by addressing the customer by their name.
10 WeChat welcome message templates for businesses
Now I told you about the look and feel of a welcome message, it’s time to make writing them even easier. With these 10 WeChat welcome message templates, you don’t even have to write at all.
General WeChat welcome message templates
- “Thank you for your message. 😄 We’ll get back to you within 2 hours. Please, let us know in case you have any more questions. Kind regards, [team].”
- “Hi! Good to see you here. We’ll answer your message within 24 hours.*🕑 In the meantime, you can check our help center. Here you can find answers to frequently asked questions.”
- “Hi there. Thanks for your message. We’ll get back to you within 4 hours. In the meantime, did you know we have a 15% discount on all our shoes? 👠You can claim your deal with this discount code: XXXX. Let me know if you stumble upon any more questions.”
Out-of-office welcome messages
Since WeChat is mostly used in China, chances are you’ll receive a lot of WeChat messages outside of business hours. With these out-of-office welcome messages, you assure customers of an answer even after opening hours.
- “Hi! Thanks for contacting us. We’d love to help you, but we’re currently closed. ⏰ We will route your question to our best-fit agent and provide you with an answer within 24 hours. Cheers, team [business].”
- “Thanks for your message. We’re currently closed, but we will get back to you on our next working day. You can check our opening hours at: trengo.com/businesshours. Thank you for understanding and talk to you soon! 😄”
- “Hi there. Thank you for your message. We’re currently closed, but we promise to get back to you within 8 hours. In a hurry? Maybe you can already find your answer here 👉 help.trengo.com. Kind regards, [business].”
Welcome messages to boost your sales
- “Hi! Sorry, we are currently unavailable. Please leave your name and email address and we’ll get back to you within 4 hours.👋”
- “Welcome to [business]! We are currently surprising all new customers with a welcome gift.🎁 Feel free to leave your name and address to take advantage of this offer. We’ll get back to you within 12 hours.”
Event-based welcome messages
- “Hello you! First, we would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas! 🎅 As a special Holiday gift, we share this $5 dollar voucher on a product of your choosing: [link to voucher]. Happy shopping! We’ll get back to you within 8 hours.”
- “Hi there! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. ✨ We’re currently super busy helping Santa with packing gifts. Therefore, it might take us a bit longer to respond. We’ll try our best to get back to you within 24 hours.”
Boost your WeChat conversations
I hope these WeChat welcome message templates can help you improve your service on WeChat. Would you like to start conversations on your other communication channels with a welcome message as well? You can use Trengo to manage all your channels in one inbox and use welcome messages to improve your customer service.
Try Trengo for free!🚀
A shared inbox for teams.Create Account
More than 20.000 companies preceded you.