Who are you?
Hello there :)
Let’s start with some questions to see if you would like to keep reading further. Are you just finishing with your studies and you want to learn the nitty-gritty of the HR field? Or are you a Junior People Operations Specialist and you want to keep developing by working with other passionate colleagues? Do you have an interest in learning how it is to work in a fast growing software company? If you answered yes to the above questions, and you already feel excited please keep reading further. Our People team at Trengo is looking for our new colleague to work together with Niels, Nienke, Evan, Evelien and the rest of the team to support Trengo’s growth and ensure the happiness of our employees.
At Trengo, we believe in a world where technology empowers the relationship between companies and their customers. That’s why our mission is to build the smartest customer engagement platform to replace repetitive work with meaningful conversations. How do we do that? Our software makes it easy for customer-facing teams to communicate with customers via multiple channels, all in one shared inbox. Email, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, live-chat, you name it. With a Series A investment of $36M led by Insight Partners and Peak Capital and becoming one of the four official WhatsApp Business Solutions Providers in the Netherlands, we empower our customers to scale their businesses and optimize the channels their clients truly prefer.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
• You will manage operational HR activities, our HRIS system (we use Personio) and payroll system. Including managing data entry of new joiners, mutations and leavers.
• You will handle requests from employees about immigration, 30% ruling and Visa.
• You will be in charge of the monthly (pre-)onboarding by being the main point of contact for new joiners and managing the account/profile setup.
• You will also learn more about candidate experience and recruitment coordination by working with our in-house recruitment team.
• You will be working on internal people-related projects like awareness weeks (e.g., diversity, well-being, pride etc.), you can gain a holistic view of the HR field in a fast-growing scale-up.
What you are like
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
• You have a degree in Human Resources, or you have at least 1 year of experience in a similar role.
• You are a detail-oriented person, and you love creating structure in your work and optimizing processes.
• You like assisting people with their requests and you always strive for the highest quality in your work.
• You are adaptable, and you are not afraid of taking initiatives when necessary in order to ensure that tasks are done properly.
• You enjoy working in an international and diverse environment, where you can have a big impact with your work.
You have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Dutch.
• It is a nice plus if you are familiar with the Dutch labour law.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
• Finding yourself in a fast-growing company where your career can evolve. With the help of your number one supporter, your manager, you will follow our departmental growth tracks to pursue the career you want. This is one of the reasons for our positive Glassdoor reviews (4.3/5).
• We really value flexibility and trust our people. That’s why we work hybrid, and our people can work from abroadfor 60 days per year.
• Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
• An education budget of €1000 to feed your curiosity, extra budget for team trainings, and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
• 28 vacation days to rest, have fun, and travel as you wish. But, every once in a while, we also like to do it together. The last time, we went on an amazing trip to Valencia!
• Weekly Yoga and Bootcamp classes in our office to blow some steam off after work with the guidance from a certified trainer!
• Fancy learning Dutch? We also offer Dutch courses for our international employees!
• When you work from our beautiful office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together prepared by our in-house chef and workplace experience team. Also, your traveling expenses to Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Your recruitment experience at Trengo
We aim for our recruitment experience to be fast, enjoyable, and fruitful - for both sides. Via this link, you can see what you can expect from your recruitment journey with us.
Otherwise don’t worry, we understand if you don’t know what to do right now. You like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. We got you! I am Evangelos, your friendly recruiter and part of Trengo’s Talent Team. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good choice, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, feel free to ask a question in the flowbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.
For the past 5 years, Trengo has been working hard to become a major international player based in the Netherlands, competing with big international funded names. Due to the need to grow, considerable (international) growth opportunities will arise in the coming period and together with you we will see which (future) position you prefer to fulfil.
Together we are creating a workplace where we can be the best version of ourselves by living our core values every single day.
But that's not all! We also believe in the fact that "a lot of different flowers make a bouquet." ~ Islamic Proverb. We invite everyone to apply and join our team while we put an active effort into being an equal opportunity employer. Read our efforts on Diversity & Inclusion here.
Ambitious people + Supportive environment = 💚