Fast-growing SaaS startup from Utrecht, The Netherlands is looking for an Assistant Controller.
Trengo is a fast-growing start-up that is building the next generation inbox. We make it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via channels such as email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, voice, and live-chat in one shared inbox. With a 1.75M investment from Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
As our new Assistant Controller, you will be covering a wide range of financial processes, from assisting in the OTC process and financial reports to solving finance-related questions from customers. Some questions are more complex than others and therefore tech-savvy and creativity is appreciated! We are looking for an aspiring financial professional that is eager to develop himself or herself in finance & accounting.
You will be joining our finance team where you will be under the wing of our enthusiastic Head of Finance, Helene, and side by side with our financial controller and our data analyst. Together with the team, you play a very important role in the growth of Trengo.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
- Deliver finance support (answering questions about invoices and subscriptions) to our customers, our financial controller, and our colleagues from Sales and Customer Operations ;
- Take responsibility for maintaining the day-to-day financial, accounting, and administrative services, e.g. (checking) booking of purchase invoices into our accounting system;
- Everything related to the OTC process: manage, review, and address credit, collections, disputes, reserves, bad debt, and write-offs;
- Assist our Financial controller in the monthly closing process;
- All other necessary financial and administrative tasks.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
- Aspiring starter with a Bachelor's degree in Accountancy, finance & control or similar;
- Self-disciplined with the ability to work proactively and able to adapt to a rapidly expanding business environment;
- Target and result-oriented, organized, and assertive;
- You can handle data confidentially and have integrity;
- Technology is not a mystery to you. You are able to quickly understand new technologies and adapt to them;
- You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English languages, both spoken and written. You can address people at different levels through all our channels (e-mail, WhatsApp, telephone, etc.) with a strong commitment to customer service;
- Experience with Exact Online and administrative work is an advantage.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- A competitive salary;
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair etc.
- Full-time employment contract and 25 days off per year;
- Free sessions with psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us;
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity;
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we would be 50 people now if you join and we're aiming to be 110 in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 is looking bright on our side;
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.