Just imagine: starting work every morning with a wide smile, with a curious and inclusive bunch of 5. You are helping to build a solid backend and add cool features. You are hands-on coding in PHP, familiar with Laravel, used to working with databases ( MySQL, ElasticSearch and Redis ) and external APIs.
Imagine, as well, having all of your hard work see the light of day and have impact: all the features we work on are getting deployed to production in an instant and shipped to over 15,000 users.
Trengo is a fast-growing start-up that is building the next generation inbox. We make it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via channels such as email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, voice, and website chat in one shared inbox. With a 1.75M investment from Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
Have a look at our documentation for different Trengo integrations, like the website widget, REST APIs, sidebar apps, custom channels and flowbots: https://developers.trengo.com/ . You are also welcome to create a free trial account and have a peek at Trengo.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this big vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo.
It might be refreshing for you to know that building new features in Laravel is what takes most, if not all of our time. And we don't plan to stop innovating any time soon. As you know, we are fast to send features to production and to ship them- this is always after peer review. We collaborate a lot. We are all for the team spirit. You can see that in our jokes and memes too, but that's another story ;-).
We like to think of these features as MVP's: design them, build them including unit tests, ship them and then see what value they add to the market. It is rewarding to read the feedback from the customers who beta test them and to share our wins with the whole team.
As far as your learning curve is concerned, we would like you to release your first feature by month 3. To make sure you get there, Marcel will onboard you and Lennart will guide you through your first tasks, for you to become more and more familiar with our backend. We're also working on an internal developer handbook with documentation, to help us while growing, on top of the development standards.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell me a bit about you? I hope you can identify with some of these:
- Experience working with external APIs. Integrating our SaaS platform with productivity software like Jira and Trello is high priority in our backlog.
- You enjoy coding in PHP, ideally within the Laravel framework. If you are already familiar with it, then we have no major surprises for you, because we follow the Laravel best practices. If you want to brush up on your Laravel knowledge, we can offer you a course.
- You do your own unit tests, in a TDD way.
- You are able to work independently and stand behind your own decisions (not in a hierarchical way, but rather in a critical way)
- You are resourceful. You know what I mean, you're a developer. On top of that, we aim to divide the knowledge in the team as much as possible.
- You are just as helpful and collaborative as us. We have a good thing going in our tech team and would like a kind person to join us.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we would be 50 people now if you join and we're aiming to be 90 in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 is looking bright on our side.
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity, and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences if necessary.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair etc.
- Full-time employment contract and 25 days off per year.
Now what? Don't worry, I understand if you don't know what to do right now, you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. This is why I am here: I am Laura, a kind and inclusive recruiter. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good decision, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, ask me via the chatbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.