We know that the first-ever DevOps engineer at Trengo will push the envelope of what it means to have a stable and available infrastructure for more than 18,000 users. They will be the bridge between our external Server Managers and the Development team. The reason we know this is that our team truly is ready to scale Trengo's infrastructure. Are you the collaborative DevOps engineer who is up for this challenge?
Trengo is the market-leading customer service platform for customer service focussed companies, such as eCommerce shops, retailers. With Trengo, companies can efficiently scale their customer service and provide a high-quality customer experience. This is possible with the adoption of different channels from phone, email, and Whatsapp messages, to chatbox and social channels. With an exceptional a-round investment of $36M lead by Insights Partners and Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
Have a look at our documentation for different Trengo integrations, like the website widget, REST APIs, sidebar apps, custom channels, and flowbots: https://developers.trengo.com/. You are also welcome to create a free trial account and have a peek at Trengo.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this big vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo.
1- Ensuring a stable and available infrastructure
- You empower the 3rd-party service managers of our AWS cloud infrastructure and set up further monitoring rules. We use Grafana and Kibana and you can show us how to use them even better, so the developers can focus on building.
- You own the set-up of Incident Management with Opsgenie or similar, with a thorough triage process with communication and escalation steps and an on-call rotation process for developers.
- You know how disastrous it is to not have... disaster recovery plans and backup strategies. You set them up frequently.
- You further automate our CI/CD pipeline
2- Act as the team's vital link to collaborate
- You're the go-to person on the topic of documenting and improving our deployment strategies.
- You help set up the developers' local development and staging environments.
- You have an active part in deciding what languages, frameworks or tools to adopt next. Based on your experience and research, you can take ownership of big projects, such as adopting Kubernetes.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell me a bit about you? I hope you can identify with some of these:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a similar DevOps role and are ready to take ownership of Trengo's AWS infrastructure and deployment as our first in-house DevOps engineer.
- You have deep knowledge of AWS and relational databases (RDS)
- You have set up Incident Management before, single-handedly or with a tiny bit of help.
- You are able to work independently and stand behind your own decisions, as well as to take your team members along on a journey, explaining what you're setting up for them.
- You are just as helpful and collaborative as us. We have a good thing going in our tech team and would like a kind person to join us.
- Your English is fluent.
- You are a skilled communicator and collaborator, with both developers and non-technical people.
- Extra cookies for knowledge about Kubernetes and Docker.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we're aiming to be 90 people in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 is looking bright on our side.
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair, etc.
- Full-time employment contract and 25 days off per year.
Now what? Don’t worry, I understand if you don’t know what to do right now, you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. This is why I am here: I am Laura. If you are not ready to apply yet, ask me anything via the chatbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.