Fast-growing SaaS startup from Utrecht, The Netherlands is looking for a Financial Controller.
Trengo is a fast-growing start-up that is building the next generation inbox. We make it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via channels such as email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, voice, and live-chat in one shared inbox. With a 1.75M investment from Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
As the Financial Controller, you are responsible for accurate and timely reporting. The Financial Controller plays a key role in covering a wide range of financial processes, from reporting & control to tax & compliance, and assisting with financial planning. As we are a fast-growing company, there is a lot of room to improve and optimize the financial processes. But you won't be alone in this mission! You will be joining our Finance team, where you will be under the wing of our enthusiastic Head of Finance, Helene, and side by side with our finance administrator and data analyst. Together with the team, you play a very important role in the growth of Trengo.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
- Conduct accurate and timely month-end closing procedures, reporting and annual reporting. Drive automatization and optimization in all our financial process wherever you see an opportunity;
- Assist on the financial side when rolling out new countries, initiatives, currencies and payment methods;
- Ensure compliance with relevant local tax, accounting, auditing, and external reporting requirements;
- Take responsibility for and coordinate the annual external audit;
- Prepare and monitor performance against forecasts and budgets;
- Provide analysis and strategic insight to senior management on a proactive basis and as requested;
- Support in translating finance process needs into IT requirements. Continually seeking to improve productivity and efficiency through the development of processes and controls;
- Develop and/or optimize the risk and Internal control framework; map out risks and opportunities and coordinate them.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
- A passion for decisively recording financial information;
- Experience of 5 + years in internal or external accounting;
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field;
- Proactive & hands-on mentality;
- Process-oriented thinking, structured and open-minded;
- Experience with Exact Online and preferably NetSuite, Stripe and/ or Chargebee;
- Excellent Excel skills;
- Strong communicator: Fluent in Dutch and English.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- A competitive salary;
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair etc.
- Full-time employment contract and 25 days off per year;
- Free sessions with psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us;
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity;
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we would be 50 people now if you join and we're aiming to be 110 in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 is looking bright on our side;
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.