In an increasingly digital world, Trengo envisions a smooth way of connecting people with the companies behind their products and services. Our software makes it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via multiple channels, all in one shared inbox. Email, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, live-chat, you name it. With an A-round investment of $36M led by Insight Partners and Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
Imagine what that means for us! Trengo is in such an exciting stage and we need to embrace this amazing opportunity by bringing the way we make decisions to the next level through data. As our first FP&A Controller, you have the possibility to see Trengo enhance efficiency thanks to your contribution. With your analytical eye, you will be able to make a strong impact by supporting and advising our management team on strategic topics that will help us improve the overall performance in the future.
When you meet anyone who works at Trengo, you'll most likely find them excited about continuous improvements, empowered to add their own touch to the world of online communication, and eager to collaborate with diverse people on a daily basis. So, joining Helene (CFO) and the rest of the finance team is no expectation!
What your day looks like
Let's break down this vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
- You prepare departmental and company budgets, multi-year forecasts, and cash flow forecasts.
- You conduct performance evaluations and monthly analyses of actuals that will be presented to the board during the monthly meeting.
- You build business cases about possible future company plans (e.g. the impact of product changes), which you will validate and track over time.
- You deliver insightful analysis of the KPIs driving our business and lay the solid foundations for taking growth maximizing decisions.
- You draw various conclusions from these analyses and give advice to Helene and the rest of the management team.
- You organize the finance processes to be ready to scale and keep up with the fast growth of Trengo.
- You support Helene in investor relations and fundraising activities.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
- Relevant Master’s degree in Business Economics, Finance, Accounting or similar.
- 5-10 years of experience in a role such as FP&A analyst, business controller, or financial due diligence professional.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills. You understand the importance of making better decisions faster.
- You are famous for being an out-of-the-box thinker with a hands-on mentality, but that's only possible thanks to your strong analytical skills.
- Excel (or Google Sheet) is your favorite tool to show your data analysis skills. Do you also have experience with other data analysis tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI)? Don't forget to mention it, but you are just fine if you don't.
- You have outstanding communication skills in English.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we're aiming to double the size of our Trengo team by the end of the year. 2021 was epic and, best believe it, 2022 is looking bright on our side.
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair, etc.
- Full-time employment contract and 25 days off per year.