Just imagine: starting work every morning with a wide smile, with a curious and inclusive bunch of 5. You will take the lead in implementing components and bringing our Trengo frontend to the next level. There is no limit to building intuitive and interactive single-page applications when you are aware of the best practices. We would like you to take advantage of this.
Imagine, as well, having all of your hard work see the light of day and have impact: all the features we work on are getting deployed to production in an instant and shipped to over 15,000 users.
Trengo is a fast-growing start-up that is building the next generation inbox. We make it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via channels such as email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, voice, and website chat in one shared inbox. With a 1.75M investment from Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
Have a look at our documentation for different Trengo integrations, like the website widget, REST APIs, sidebar apps, custom channels and flowbots: https://developers.trengo.com/. You are also welcome to create a free trial account and have a peek at Trengo.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this big vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo.
It might be refreshing for you to know that building new features is what takes most, if not all of our time. And we don't plan to stop innovating any time soon. As you know, we are fast to send features to production and to ship them- but this is always after peer review. We collaborate a lot. We are all for the team spirit. You can see that in our jokes and memes too, but that's another story ;-).
We like to think of these features as MVP's: design them, build them including unit tests, ship them and then see what value they add to the market. It is rewarding to read the feedback from the customers who beta test them and to share our wins with the whole team.
As far as your learning curve is concerned, we would like you to release your first feature by month 2. To make sure you get there, Marcel will onboard you and Lennart will guide you through your first tasks, for you to become more and more familiar with the frontend. We're also working on an internal developer handbook with documentation, to help us while growing, on top of the development standards. Also worth mentioning, you can develop into a lead frontend developer, if your heart desires.
FYI, our backend is an API-first application written in PHP and Laravel.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell me a bit about you? I hope you can identify with some of these:
- Vue.js is your go-to framework for building single-page applications. If not, React will do, surely you can learn Vue.js then.
- You are used to converting beautiful Figma or Sketch designs into state-of-the-art and pixel-perfect frontend components.
- Would you like to develop into a lead frontend developer? We're here for it!
- You are able to work independently and stand behind your own decisions (not in a hierarchical way, but rather in a critical way)
- You are resourceful. You know what I mean, you're a developer. On top of that, we aim to divide the knowledge in the team as much as possible.
- You are just as helpful and collaborative as us. We have a good thing going in our tech team and would like a kind person to join us.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- A competitive salary
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair etc.
- When I say 'everything', I also mean great work-life balance. And there are no early birds in the tech team anyway. If you're more productive in the evening, go for it.
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we would be 50 people now if you join and we're aiming to be 110 in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 is looking bright on our side.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Note: We are unable to sponsor VISA's right now.
Now what? Don’t worry, I understand if you don’t know what to do right now, you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. This is why I am here: I am Laura, a kind and inclusive recruiter. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good decision, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, email me your questions: [email protected]. If you are ready, talk to you soon.