Just imagine: starting work every morning with a wide smile, with a curious and inclusive bunch of 16 engineers. You will take the lead in implementing components and bringing our Trengo frontend to the next level. There is no limit to building intuitive and interactive single-page applications, when you are aware of the best practices. We would like you to take advantage of this. Imagine, as well, having all of your hard work see the light of day and have impact: all the features we work on are getting deployed to production in an instant and shipped to around 3000 customers.
At Trengo, we believe in a world where technology empowers the relationship between companies and their customers. That’s why our mission is to build the smartest customer engagement platform to replace repetitive work with meaningful conversations. How do we do that? Our software makes it easy for customer-facing teams to communicate with customers via multiple channels, all in one shared inbox. Email, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, live-chat, you name it. With a Series A investment of $36M led by Insight Partners and Peak Capital and becoming one of the four official WhatsApp Business Solutions Providers in the Netherlands, we empower our customers to scale their businesses and optimize the channels their clients truly prefer.
Have a look at our documentation for different Trengo integrations, like the website widget, REST APIs, sidebar apps, custom channels and flowbots: https://developers.trengo.com/. You are also welcome to create a free trial account and have a peek at Trengo.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this big vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
- It might be refreshing for you to know that building new features is what takes most, if not all, of our time. And we don't plan to stop innovating any time soon. As you know, we are fast to send features to production and to ship them- but this is always after peer review. We collaborate a lot. We are all for the team spirit. You can see that in our jokes and memes too, but that's another story ;-).
- We like to think of these features as MVP's: design them, build them including unit tests, ship them and then see what value they add to the market. It is rewarding to read the feedback from the customers who beta-test them and to share our wins with the whole team during the company-wide meeting on Friday.
- As a frontend engineer, you get to work closely with design experts, so you can focus on building, rather than designing features.
FYI, our backend is an API-first application written in PHP and Laravel.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell me a bit about you? I hope you can identify with some of these:
- You've seen some stuff: you have been in the middle of the action when a digital/tech-focused company scaled up.
- Vue.Js is your go-to framework for building single-page applications. Have you got experience with React.Js/Angular/Angular.Js and are you interested in learning other frameworks such as Vue.Js? Then please don't hesitate to apply.
- You are used to converting beautiful Figma or Sketch designs into state-of-the-art and pixel-perfect front-end components.
- You are able to work independently and stand behind your own decisions (not in a hierarchical way, but rather in a critical way)
- You are resourceful. You know what I mean, you're an engineer. On top of that, we aim to divide the knowledge in the team as much as possible.
- You are just as helpful and collaborative as us. We have a good thing going on in our tech team and would like a kind person to join us.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company where your career can evolve. With the help of your number one supporter, your manager, you will follow our departmental growth tracks to pursue the career you want. This is one of the reasons for our positive Glassdoor reviews (4.8/5).
- We really value flexibility and trust our people. That’s why we work hybrid, and our people can work from abroad for 60 days per year.
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- An education budget of €2000 to feed your curiosity and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
- 25 vacation days to rest, have fun, and travel as you wish. But, every once in a while, we also like to do it together. The last time, we went on an amazing trip to Valencia!
- When we're in our beautiful office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together prepared by our in-house chef and workplace experience team. Also, your traveling expenses to Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Your recruitment experience at Trengo
We aim for our recruitment experience to be fast, enjoyable, and fruitful - for both sides. Via this link, you can see what you can expect from your recruitment journey with us.
Otherwise, don’t worry, we understand if you don’t know what to do right now. You like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. We got you! I am Hristo, your friendly recruiter and part of Trengo’s Talent Team. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good choice, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, feel free to ask a question in the flowbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.