Just imagine: starting work every morning with optimism and drive. As the very first product owner at Trengo, you like to create order and support the ambitious tech team of 5 to make it happen. Having a direction and a 'why' to your everyday work is what we all aspire to and you already hold the key. In this way, you are helping to grow and mature the Trengo software, as well as the Trengo way of working. I hope the idea of 3x growth excites you, because this is what we did last year and also what we aim for in 2021.
Imagine, as well, being surrounded by a really dynamic team and spending your time on things that matter to all our 1600 business customers (and growing). And on things that tickle your fancy, both in the discovery phase (do research, gather data, have fun) and the delivery phase (discuss with developers, eliminate impediments, have fun). As Ayden would say with a beautiful French accent, 'you have carte blanche'. This role will grow as you will grow.
Trengo is a fast-growing start-up that is building the next generation inbox. We make it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via channels such as email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, voice, and website chat in one shared inbox. With a 1.75M investment from Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this big vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo.
- You own end-to-end flows of user stories, from the ideation phase to the technical implementation to a coherent test flow.
- You shine a light on clear use cases for the tech team, including all the edge cases, so they can implement stories smoothly.
- You keep a close eye on the features to be built and their priorities, and make sure to connect them to the customer-oriented "why". Usability rules. This is both exciting and challenging, since all developers at Trengo work at high pace and with high ownership.
- You track sprint progress, based on metrics. We care about our customers and we look at conversion rates during onboarding and churn rates for engagement and retention. So we want to bring them into focus more and more, in our decisions.
- You safeguard the continuous delivery process of development.
- You help and empower developers to anticipate and solve impediments.
- You bring to the table the product feedback you gathered, to iterate further and update the product roadmap.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell me a bit about you? I hope you can identify with some of these:
- You have a proven track record of shipping user-facing products, with at least 2-3 years of product owner experience. It would be really nice if this were in SaaS or B2B.
- You use data to back up your decisions and inspire your colleagues to do so too.
- You like working Agile and are familiar with lean start-up principles for SaaS.
- You empower the tech team to grow their skills, work together smoothly and use their motivation.
- You talk the tech and can have productive conversations with technical people.
- It would be nice if you could also make SQL queries and dashboards, together with the data analyst, to make sure we keep our infrastructure garbage-free. You know, "garbage in garbage out".
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- A competitive salary
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair etc.
- When I say 'everything', I also mean great work-life balance. And there are no early birds in the tech team anyway. If you're more productive in the evening, go for it.
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we would be 50 people now if you join and we're aiming to be 110 in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 is looking bright on our side.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Note: We are unable to sponsor VISA's right now.
Now what? Don’t worry, I understand if you don’t know what to do right now, you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. This is why I am here: I am Laura, a kind and inclusive recruiter. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good decision, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, email me your questions: [email protected]. If you are ready, talk to you soon.
This function is currently fulfilled. Responding is therefore no longer possible.