We've already built a bridge between the development team and Trengo's product stakeholders. All is set for our first ambitious QA engineer to lead us in the direction of proper behavior-driven development, with Cucumber. Kickstart Trengo's dedicated quality assurance processes, via both manual and automated testing. Is that you?
Trengo is the market-leading customer service platform for customer service focussed companies, such as eCommerce shops, retailers. With Trengo, companies can efficiently scale their customer service and provide a high-quality customer experience. This is possible with the adoption of different channels from phone, email, and Whatsapp messages, to chatbox and social channels. With an exceptional a-round investment of $36M lead by Insights Partners and Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
Have a look at our documentation for different Trengo integrations, like the website widget, REST APIs, sidebar apps, custom channels and flowbots: https://developers.trengo.com/. You are also welcome to create a free trial account and have a peek at Trengo.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this big vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo.
1- You ensure the quality and stability of our applications
- You will assess the quality of new features and check their compliance with the requirements. You'll write tests for them too, either manual or automatic.
- You are deeply involved in work on the bug collector, making sure that the issues are tracked and reported in clear, reproducible steps. We count on you to work on the acceptance criteria, so the developers can be more efficient. Tamara has been a fantastic help checking and improving the quality and we'd like you to compliment her on the more functional side.
2- You are fully integrated into the engineering team
- Behavior-driven development (BDD) is the way to scale and we'd like you to improve our current process, with new insights that we haven't thought of before.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell me a bit about you? I hope you can identify with some of these:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar QA / automated testing role and are ready to take ownership of Trengo's thorough quality assurance process, as our first QA engineer.
- You are used to working with new features, writing manual and automatic tests for them.
- You are able to work independently and stand behind your own decisions, as well as to take your team members along on a journey, explaining what you're setting up for them.
- Your English is fluent.
- You are a skilled communicator and collaborator, with both developers and non-technical people.
- Extra cookies for knowledge about Kubernetes and Docker.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we would be 50 people now if you join and we're aiming to be 90 in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 and 2022 are looking bright on our side.
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair etc.
- When I say 'everything', I also mean great work-life balance. And there are no early birds in the tech team anyway. If you're more productive in the evening, go for it.
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Now what? Don’t worry, I understand if you don’t know what to do right now, you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. This is why I am here: I am Laura. If you are not ready to apply yet, ask me anything via the chatbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.