Just imagine: starting work every morning with a wide smile, with a curious and inclusive bunch of 9 developers. You are helping to build a solid backend and add cool features. You are hands-on coding in PHP, familiar with Laravel, used to working with databases (MySQL, ElasticSearch and Redis) and external API's.
Imagine, as well, having all of your hard work see the light of day and have impact: all the features we work on are getting deployed to production in an instant and shipped to around 18,000 users.
Trengo is a fast-growing start-up that is building the next generation inbox. We make it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via channels such as email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, voice, and website chat in one shared inbox. With a 1.75M investment from Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
Have a look at our documentation for different Trengo integrations, like the website widget, REST APIs, sidebar apps, custom channels and flowbots: https://developers.trengo.com/. You are also welcome to create a free trial account and have a peek at Trengo.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this big vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo.
- It might be refreshing for you to know that building new features in Laravel is what takes most, if not all of our time. And we don't plan to stop innovating any time soon. As you know, we are fast to send features to production and to ship them- this is always after peer review. We collaborate a lot. We are all for the team spirit. You can see that in our jokes and memes too, but that's another story ;-).
- We like to think of these features as MVP's: design them, build them including unit tests, ship them and then see what value they add to the market. It is rewarding to read the feedback from the customers who beta test them and to share our wins with the whole team.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell me a bit about you? I hope you can identify with some of these:
- You have already worked on complex single-page applications.
- You've seen some stuff: you have been in the middle of the action when a digital/tech-focused company scaled up.
- Experience working with external APIs. Integrating our SaaS platform with productivity software like Jira and Trello is high priority in our backlog.
- You enjoy coding in PHP, within the Laravel framework. If you are already familiar with it, then we have no major surprises for you, because we follow the Laravel best practices.
- You do your own unit tests, in a TDD way.
- You are able to work independently and stand behind your own decisions (not in a hierarchical way, but rather in a critical way).
- You are resourceful. You know what I mean, you're a developer. On top of that, we aim to divide the knowledge in the team as much as possible.
- You are just as helpful and collaborative as us. We have a good thing going in our tech team and would like a kind person to join us.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we're aiming to be 90 in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 is looking bright on our side.
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair etc.
- When I say 'everything', I also mean great work-life balance. And there are no early birds in the tech team anyway. If you're more productive in the evening, go for it.
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Now what? Don’t worry, I understand if you don’t know what to do right now, you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. This is why I am here: I am Laura, a kind and inclusive recruiter. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good decision, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, ask me via the chatbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.