Have you ever thought that all tech startups are (more or less) the same? Then, next thing you know, work-life throws you a curveball? Well, I have (Laura), before learning how Niels and Igo view people and recruitment topics. At Trengo, we approach recruitment with both empathy and business sense. It's cheesy, but it's true: when we look in the mirror, we see agents of change and connectors.
Trengo has grown at lightning speed in 2020 and 2021. We're already preparing for a wild ride in 2022: we strive to be 90 people by the end of the year and then hire 104 more people in 2022. To make sure this ride is fun-wild and not scary-wild, your challenge as the (senior) business recruiter at Trengo is attracting and hiring marketers, senior salespeople, various team leads, customer success people and country launchers for Trengo's ambitious expansion. It's a 360-degree role and this great responsibility comes with great freedom.
Trengo is a fast-growing B2B SaaS start-up that is building the next generation inbox. We make it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via channels such as email, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, voice, and live-chat in one shared inbox. With a 1.75M investment from Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
- Independent 360-degree recruitment, from kick-ass kick-off meetings with hiring managers to negotiate salaries with soon-to-be hires. That's it.
- You're independent and responsible, but definitely not alone! You ask for help and learn from both the business and the recruitment space.
- You take the reins: you advise hiring managers on team structures and let them know how the candidate market really looks like.
- You show empathy to candidates and have honest valuable discussions.
- Trengo's recruitment process is a living thing, so we often carry out projects to make it even smoother and more efficient. We hope you can contribute to it.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
- 3+ years of experience in business recruitment in fast-paced tech/product startups or scaleups.
- You're a great sourcer and know loads of ways to find people even when they don't necessarily want to be found.
- You interview candidates in a semi-structured framework, with competency-based questions.
- Even if you're data-driven and in control of your output, you know that the end doesn't justify the means. Your monthly target is a number, but the quantity of hires is not the ultimate goal - enabling the vision of Trengo.
- You're a proactive partner to the business, by recognizing recruitment trends within Trengo and acting on them.
- You are forward-thinking: you're up to date with the current recruitment trends and have a unique point of view about how to be successful in recruitment in 2021.
- Nice-to-have: experience hiring for a new workplace abroad.
- Your English is fluent (C1-C2).
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we're aiming to be 90 people in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 is looking bright on our side;
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us;
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed;
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair, etc.
Now what? Don’t worry, I understand if you don’t know what to do right now, you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. This is why I am here: I am Laura, a kind and inclusive recruiter. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good decision, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, ask me via the chatbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.