If you love trying out new things, fixing technologies, and automating them, then this position at Trengo might be for you. As a System Administrator, you will be the first one in our team with the sole objective of removing boundaries between IT and users. This includes securing and managing all of our IT infrastructures and introducing new tools and services to meet our growing needs. Don't be mistaken, this role is not just about the technology itself, it impacts all the people in the company. Creating solutions that will fit the needs of the whole company is very challenging, especially with the growing number of employees at Trengo.
In an increasingly digital world, Trengo envisions a smooth way of connecting people with the companies behind their products and services. Our software makes it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via multiple channels, all in one shared inbox. Email, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, live-chat, you name it. With an A-round investment of $36M led by Insight Partners and Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
When you meet anyone who works at Trengo, you'll most likely find them excited about continuous improvements, empowered to add their own touch to the world of online communication and eager to collaborate with diverse people on the daily.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
Think of activities to keep everything running
- Right now, our IT infrastructure is rather simple and includes MacOs devices, wifi, and printers. But, as a system administrator, you take ownership of installing and configuring new software, hardware, (cloud) servers, setting up and managing the office network to bring our IT infrastructure to a more mature stage.
Think of support for all employees
- You contribute to the onboarding process by setting up accounts, granting access to the right people to different kinds of software, and setting up workstations. This way you become the to-go person for our Trengoers in case of laptops, software, or internet malfunctions.
- You develop expertise to train staff on new technologies when necessary and use your knowledge to keep improving and updating our Handbook on technical documentation. Yes, feel free to make it better!
- You contribute to the off-boarding process by making sure all the equipment has been returned and all accounts have been canceled.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
- 2/3 years experience in a similar role.
- You are ready to take on ownership of the department as our first System Administrator.
- You are customer-oriented, communicative, and friendly. You are able to listen to people and understand their problems. In the end, you are working with people, not technology.
- You are resourceful and proactive. You know how to diagnose and resolve problems quickly.
- You are familiar with MDM, MacOS heavy, and experience with other platforms.
- You are fluent in English in speaking and writing and at least at an intermediate level in Dutch.
- If you have basic knowledge of Business Security and Standards Compliances, Network security and monitoring, that would be a plus.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we're aiming to double the size of our Trengo team by the end of the year. 2021 was epic and, best believe it, 2022 is looking bright on our side.
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair, etc.
- Full-time employment contract and 25 days off per year.