Have you ever thought that all tech startups are (more or less) the same? Then, next thing you know, work-life throws you a curveball? For sure that was me, Josy, before learning how Niels and the rest of our Talent Team view people and recruitment topics. At Trengo, we approach recruitment with both empathy and business sense. It's cheesy, but it's true: when we look in the mirror, we see agents of change and connectors.
Trengo has grown at lightning speed. From ±15 people at the beginning of 2020 to 85 while we approach the end of 2021. And we're already preparing for another wild ride: planning 125+ hires in 2022. To make sure this ride is fun-wild and not scary-wild, your challenge as a TA specialist at Trengo is attracting and hiring the most various talent for different teams. If you are a tech recruiter tired to be ghosted by developers, you'll have the chance to use all your recruiter tricks also for designers, project managers, and more business professionals that will contribute to our product for Trengo's aspiring expansion. It's a full recruitment cycle role and this great responsibility comes with great freedom to influence the growth path you want to take.
Wondering where all this growth is coming from? In an increasingly digital world, Trengo envisions a smooth way of connecting people with the companies behind their products and services. Our software makes it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via multiple channels, all in one shared inbox. Email, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, live-chat, you name it. With an A-round investment of $36M led by Insight Partners and Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
When you meet anyone who works at Trengo, you'll most likely find them excited about continuous improvements, empowered to add their own touch to the world of online communication and eager to collaborate with diverse people on the daily.
What your day looks like
I'll save you the detailed list of daily tasks you will be doing. We all know what full recruitment cycle means: drafting JDs, sourcing, interviewing, salary negotiations, and so on. But let's break down this vision into a little taste of your contribution at Trengo:
- You have a diverse focus. You know your strengths and you are ready to help different teams find the right talent. E.g. From tech and product to sales and marketing.
- You take the rein and advise hiring managers on their recruitment needs by challenging them, bringing fresh ideas, and letting them know how the candidate market really looks like. Even when things get tough.
- You show empathy to candidates and have honest valuable discussions.
- Trengo's recruitment process is a living thing, so we often carry out projects to make it even smoother and more efficient. We hope you can contribute to it.
- You're independent and responsible, but definitely not alone! There is so much we can learn from each other. You can bring your own knowledge, but you can always ask for help and want to learn more from both the business and the recruitment space.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
- 3-5 years of experience as a recruiter in fast-paced startups or scale-ups with a mixed background in both tech/product and business recruitment.
- You're a great sourcer and know loads of ways to find people even when they don't necessarily want to be found.
- You interview candidates in a semi-structured framework, with competency-based questions.
- Even if you're data-driven and in control of your output, you know that the end doesn't justify the means. Your monthly target is a number, but the quantity of hires is not the ultimate goal - enabling the vision of Trengo.
- You're a proactive partner to the business, by recognizing recruitment trends within Trengo and acting on them.
- You are forward-thinking: you're up to date with the current recruitment trends and have a unique point of view about how to be successful in recruitment in 2021 and 2022.
- Your English is fluent (C1-C2). Are you also fluent in Dutch? Don't forget to mention it!
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we're aiming to be 90 people in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic, and 2021 (and soon 2022) are looking bright on our side.
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
- Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair, etc.
- Full-time employment contract and 25 days off per year.
Now what? Don’t worry, I understand if you don’t know what to do right now. With all recruiter's vacancies out there, you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. This is why I am here: I am Josy, an enthusiastic and inclusive recruiter. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good decision, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, ask me via the chatbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.