We are looking for a passionate VP of Product to lead our Product and Engineering teams to the next level and help to accelerate the market adoption of Trengo’s Smart Conversations Platform worldwide.
In an increasingly digital world, Trengo envisions a smooth way of connecting people with the companies behind their products and services. Our software makes it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via multiple channels, all in one shared inbox. Email, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, live-chat, you name it. With an A-round investment of $36M led by Insight Partners and Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe. When you meet anyone who works at Trengo, you'll most likely find them excited about continuous improvements, empowered to add their own touch to the world of online communication and eager to collaborate with diverse people daily.
This is a Leadership role that will have a huge impact on Trengo. We believe this role can be done remotely, in a similar time zone (CET), if the person is willing to come to Utrecht to be with the teams and to create strong bonds with the leadership team.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this big vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
- Act as an expert on the leadership team across Product disciplines. Cooperate with the leadership team on a company strategy and translate this into a product strategy.
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization.
- Make sure the Product, Engineering and Design teams have guidance, coaching, and leadership from your side to be better in what they do and deliver software with even more quality.
- Create alignment between the Product, Engineering and Design teams, enabling cross-functional collaboration.
- Create and nurture a great workplace environment that attracts and retains top talent.
- Reporting directly to Marcel, our CTO and Co-Founder, and leading directly the Head of Engineering, Head of Product and Head of Design.
- Create new teams from scratch to build new products or functionalities. Improving the way of working as the teams grow in size and maturity.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell me a bit about you? I hope you can identify with some of these:
- You have a strong product management background and a good understanding of current technology trends.
- You have a good understanding of UX and UI principles in B2B space.
- You understand well what a SaaS company needs to have to grow in terms of technology.
- You are a Senior Product leader who leads with a vision, purpose and with a servant leader attitude.
- You already managed other managers in tech positions (Product Owners, Engineering managers, Design Leads etc) for at least 5 years. Not just on putting people on the path, but dealing with all the growing pains of a scale-up/startup phase.
- You helped other startups/scale-ups to, at least, double or triple their product/engineering teams successfully.
- You are comfortable managing multiple projects and teams at the same time, and you can prioritize business value instead of delivering solutions/features ad-doc.
- You have strong collaboration skills and experience in partnering closely with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success. You understand the business strategy and the impact of new developments on the overall future of Trengo.
- You have a proven track record of setting up OKRs for Tech Teams and helping other managers to set up them as well.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we aim to double in size in team Trengo, by the end of 2022. 2021 was epic and, best believe it, 2022 is looking bright on our side.
- The opportunity to build and lead the Product and Engineering teams in a fast-growing and venture-backed SaaS scale-up. We include in your package Stock Appreciation Rights;
- A learning budget to feed your curiosity and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
- If needed, a relocation package for you and your family if you are willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
- Remote work is also possible, we will support the trips you need to do to Utrecht;
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Now what? If you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward, I am here: I am Gonçalo. Ask me anything via the chatbot. If you are ready to apply, talk to you soon.