At Trengo, we believe in a world where technology empowers the relationship between companies and their customers. That’s why our mission is to build the smartest customer engagement platform to replace repetitive work with meaningful conversations. How do we do that? Our software makes it easy for customer-facing teams to communicate with customers via multiple channels, all in one shared inbox. Email, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, live-chat, you name it. With a Series A investment of $36M led by Insight Partners and Peak Capital and becoming one of the four official WhatsApp Business Solutions Providers in the Netherlands, we empower our customers to scale their businesses and optimize the channels their clients truly prefer.
Imagine what that means for us! Trengo is in such an exciting stage and we need to embrace this amazing opportunity by bringing the way we make decisions to the next level through data. As our FP&A Controller, you have the possibility to see Trengo enhance efficiency thanks to your contribution. With your analytical eye, you will be able to make a strong impact by supporting and advising our management team on strategic topics that will help us improve the overall performance in the future.
When you meet anyone who works at Trengo, you'll most likely find them excited about continuous improvements, empowered to add their own touch to the world of online communication, and eager to collaborate with diverse people on a daily basis. So, Helene (VP Finance) and the rest of the finance team are waiting for you!
What your day looks like
Let's break down this vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo:
- You prepare departmental and company budgets, multi-year forecasts, and cash flow forecasts.
- You deliver insightful analysis of the KPIs driving our business and lay the solid foundations for making decisions that strive to maximize growth.
- You draw various conclusions from these analyses and give advice to Helene and the rest of the management team.
- You build business cases about possible future company plans (e.g. the impact of product changes), which you will validate and track over time.
- You organize the finance processes to be ready to scale and keep up with the fast growth of Trengo.
- You support in investor relations and fundraising activities.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell us a bit about you? I hope you can identify yourself with some of these:
- Relevant Master’s degree in Business Economics, Finance, Accounting or similar.
- 5-7 years of experience in a role such as FP&A Analyst, Business Controller, or financial due diligence professional.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills. You understand the importance of making better decisions faster.
- You are famous for being an out-of-the-box thinker with a hands-on mentality, but that's only possible thanks to your strong analytical skills.
- Excel (or Google Sheet) is your favourite tool to show your data analysis skills. Do you also have experience with other data analysis tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI)? Don't forget to mention it, but it’s fine if you don't.
- You have outstanding communication skills in English.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
- Finding yourself in a fast-growing company where your career can evolve. With the help of your number one supporter, your manager, you will follow our departmental growth tracks to pursue the career you want. This is one of the reasons for our positive Glassdoor reviews (4.3/5).
- We really value flexibility and trust our people. That’s why we work hybrid, and our people can work from abroad for 60 days per year.
- Free sessions with on-demand psychologists from OpenUp. Your mental health is important to us.
- An education budget of €1000 to feed your curiosity, extra budget for team trainings, and 2 extra days off for your courses or conferences, if needed.
- 28 vacation days to rest, have fun, and travel as you wish. But, every once in a while, we also like to do it together. The last time, we went on an amazing trip to Valencia!
- When we're in our beautiful office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together prepared by our in-house chef and workplace experience team. Also, your traveling expenses to Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Your recruitment experience at Trengo
We aim for our recruitment experience to be fast, enjoyable, and fruitful - for both sides. Via this link, you can see what you can expect from your recruitment journey with us.
Otherwise don’t worry, we understand if you don’t know what to do right now. You like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. We got you! I am Evangelos, your friendly recruiter and part of Trengo’s Talent Team. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good choice, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, feel free to ask a question in the flowbot. If you are ready, talk to you soon.