8 Ready-To-Use Facebook Messenger Auto-Reply Message Samples
Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular customer communication channels out there. And customer service teams are busier than ever because of it.
Why? Because it's near impossible to keep up with the sky-high customer's expectations. Today's consumers are pickier than ever. They want your business to be available for questions all day long.
But you and your team deserve some downtime too. Whether it's for a long vacation to a sunny island or a 30-minute lunch break, you can't and shouldn't monitor your Facebook messages all the time. You're not a robot.
In order to still make sure every single one of your customers gets an instant reply — no matter at what time — is by using auto-replies. In the next few minutes, you'll learn how to set up an auto-reply on Facebook and find some ready-to-use Facebook Messenger auto-reply message samples.
How to set up a Facebook Messenger auto-reply messages
There are two ways to set up a Facebook Messenger auto-reply. First, we'll get into setting up an auto-reply via your regular Facebook Messenger account.
How to set up an auto-reply in your Facebook account
- Click on 'Settings' at the top of your Facebook page.
- Next, navigate to the column on the left and click 'Messaging'.
- Add the message you want to send as an auto-reply under 'Response Assistant'.
- Don't forget to click 'Save'.
You can personalize messages with the following variables:
- Your customer's first name
- Your customer's last name
- Your customer's full name
- The Facebook URL to your page
- Your website's URL
- Your phone number
- Your email address
How to set up an auto-reply with Trengo
By using a customer service platform like Trengo, you can create one auto-reply for all your communication channels. Whether that's Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, live chat, WeChat, or any other popular channel.
What makes using Trengo extra easy, is that you can set auto-replies that automatically get turned on during the following instances:
- During business hours
- Outside of business hours
- On specific days (for example: only on weekends)
This means you won't have to constantly change your auto-reply message (with the risk of forgetting to turn it off).
- Go to Trengo's settings >automation >auto replies.
- Click on the + sign.
- Pick Facebook Messenger as a channel.
- Decide when the auto-reply should be triggered.
- Fill in the auto-reply message.
- Click 'Save'.
8 Facebook Messenger Auto-Reply Message Samples
Now that you know how to set up an auto-reply, it's time for some well-deserved inspiration. Let's dive in.
1. “Thank you for reaching out! We’ll get back to you within 2 hours. Kind regards, the [company] Team.“
2. “Hiya! Welcome to [company]. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, you can check out our help center for more information: [link]."
3. “Hi! We wanted to let you know that we have received your message and will be in touch before we close at [time].”
4. “Thank you for reaching out to us via Facebook Messenger. We’ll get back to you shortly.”
5. “Hey there! Good to see you here. Did you already know we currently have a 50% discount on all of our products? The code is XXXX. Enjoy the rest of your day!”
6. "Hello! 👋 We’re currently closed, but we’ll get back to you around [time]. In the meantime, you can read our new blog article [title] by clicking here: [link]."
- "Hi there! Welcome to [company]. We have received your message and will get back to you within [time frame]."
- "Thank you for your message! We're currently out of the office, but we'll get back to you first thing in the morning."
Inspired? That means it's time for action. Simply copy-paste the above examples and use them to your liking. Personalize them or just leave them as they are, it's all up to you.
I'd also like to invite you to start a trial account with Trengo and discover how our tool makes managing Facebook Messenger easy and fast.