30 WhatsApp Business auto reply message samples
A WhatsApp Business auto reply can make life easier, as we are not always able to respond to our customers immediately. In order to provide the speed that your customers expect, automation is necessary. This can be done by creating WhatsApp Business greeting messages, or an away message for your business. In this article, we'll talk about the latter and give you the best WhatsApp Business auto reply message samples.
We'll discuss the following topics:
- How to set up an auto reply in the WhatsApp Business application
- How to set up an auto reply with the WhatsApp Business API
- What should you write in an auto reply message in WhatsApp?
- The best away messages for WhatsApp Business
How to set up an auto reply in the WhatsApp Business app
With the WhatsApp auto reply feature, you can set up an ‘away message’ for when you’re not available or online on WhatsApp Business. This way, you will still be able to engage and build trust with your audience.
In the official WhatsApp Business application, there are three different ways to set up an auto reply.
- Out of business hours
- At specific times
You can only set an auto reply during business hours if you have determined your business hours in the application. Your customers will be able to see these business hours when viewing your profile. You can decide to send the auto reply to specific people in your audience, such as only your contacts, or to everybody.
- First, click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of your WhatsApp application.
- Next, click on 'Settings', 'Business Settings', and 'Away message'.
- Turn on the 'Send away message' button.
- Fill in the "away" message you would like to send to your customers.
- Next, select the type of schedule you would like to select.
- Finally, select the recipients you would like the auto reply to be sent to.
How to set up an auto reply with Trengo
The WhatsApp Business application was built for small businesses. It can only be used by one person on one device at the same time. For bigger businesses that want to manage their WhatsApp conversations with a team, WhatsApp created the WhatsApp Business API. The API doesn't have an interface, which is why you need to connect it to a customer service platform such as Trengo to use it.
In Trengo, you can set auto replies for the following instances:
- During business hours
- Outside of business hours
- On specific days (only in the weekend, for example)
Since you can also manage all your other communication channels in Trengo, you can decide to set the same auto reply for multiple other channels, like Facebook Messenger or live chat.
- Go to your Trengo settings >automation >auto replies.
- Click on the green + sign.
- Pick WhatsApp as a channel.
- Decide when the auto reply should be sent.
- Fill in the message you want to send to your customers.
- Don't forget to hit the save button.
Start Trengo’s free trial and get started with automating your business via WhatsApp Business API right away.
What should you write in an auto reply message in WhatsApp?
When you’re writing an auto reply in WhatsApp, your primary goal should be to set a realistic expectation of when you’ll be available again to provide support. Customers appreciate knowing exactly when they can expect a response from you.
It's also important to be honest and transparent with your customers when writing a WhatsApp auto-reply. If your team is struggling to keep up with the volume of messages that day, there's no shame in admitting that. Just write like a human. Keep your messages short, sweet and informal.
30 WhatsApp Business auto reply message samples
Now that you know how to set up an auto reply, it's time for some inspiration.
General auto reply messages
1. “Thanks for your message! We'll get back to you within 24 hours. Kind regards, [your business] Team.“
2. “Hi there! Welcome to [your business]. We'll get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can check out our help center for more information: [link]. We have put a lot of effort into it, so the answer to your question may already be in there!”
3. "Hello! We wanted to let you know we received your message and will be in touch before we close at [time]."
4. "Thanks for reaching out to us via WhatsApp. We'll get back to you shortly. In the meantime, you can check out our FAQ page here [link].”"
5. “Hello! Good to see you. Did you already know we currently offer a 50% discount on all of our products? The code is XXXX. Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!”
6. "Hi there! Welcome to [your business]. We have received your message and will get back to you within [estimated time frame]."
7. “Hey! Sorry, we are currently not able to respond to your message. Please leave your name and email address, and we will get back to you within 24 hours. [your business] Team.”
8. ”Hi! Thank you for contacting us. Our team will get back to you within 24 hours. If you need help right away, don't hesitate to get in touch with us through our live chat on the website.[link] Cheers, [your business] Team.”
9. "Hello, we’ve received your request and are currently working on finding the best solution. It might take up to 8 hours, but we’ll do our best to get back to you as quickly as we can.”
10. ”Hi there! Thank you for your message! Our team of amazing support agents is here to help. Please let us know the reason for your inquiry so we can direct you to the right person.
1)Returns and exchanges
You can expect a response within 24 hours.”
11. “Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas! Please let me know if you have any questions. Our elves are very busy with packing all of the gifts, so we may not reply as fast as you are used to from us.🎁”
12. "Wishing you a merry Christmas and an amazing new year. Please let me know if you have any questions and I will get back to you in no time."
13. "Happy Easter! Thanks for reaching out. We are a bit busier than normal, but we'll get back to you as soon as possible."
14. “Hey [Customer Name]! Happy Valentine’s Day💘 To celebrate this special day, we’re offering a 20% discount on all of our products. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours.”
15. "Hello [Customer Name]! We are getting a lot of messages due to the holiday season, but we want you to know that we care about your message and will reply to you as soon as possible.”
Technical issues and problems
16. “Hello, we’re having technical issues with our website right now. Our team is already working on it, and we will let you know once it's fixed. Thank you for bearing with us.🙏🏻”
17. "Due to some issues with our carrier, some orders may be delivered later than they're supposed to. Please check out [website link] for more information on this matter, or let us know if you have any other questions. We'll get back to you as soon as possible."
18. “Thank you for your message! We are facing technical issues with [product name]. We are doing everything we can to fix the issue as quickly as possible. If there's anything else we can help you with, just let us know by leaving a message below. We'll get back to you within the next 24 hours.”
19. “Hi there! We’re currently closed, but we’ll get back to you at [time]. In the meantime, you can read our new blog post [title] by clicking here: [link]”
20. “Hello there. Thanks for reaching out. I am currently out of the office from [date] until [date], but will get back to you as soon as I’m back. In the meantime, please check out the website for more information: [link]”
21. “Hi [customer name]! Thanks for message. We just wanted to let you know that we're taking a little break for [holiday], but we'll be back in action in [time]. We hope you're having a great holiday season!”
22. ”Dear [Customer Name], thanks for reaching out. We’re currently out of the office from [date] until [date]. Did you have a question about [your products or services]? Great! Have a look at what our customers are saying: [link]
If you have any other questions, please leave your message below and we’ll get back to you on [date]."
Auto reply messages during busy times
23. “Hello! Thank you for reaching out. We’re currently a bit busier than usual, so we may need a little more time to respond. In the meantime, have a look at our latest collection here: [website link]. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible!”
24. “Hi there! All of our agents are currently busy. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
25. “Hello there! I’m sorry to say that our support agents are currently all busy. We expect to get back to you within [time]. Thank you for your patience!”
26. “Hey there! We are a bit busy this time of year but don’t worry. We’ll get back to you within [estimated time frame]. Thank you for your understanding and talk to you soon.”
Send to homepage
27. "Thank you for your message! We are currently out of the office, but we will get back to you first thing in the morning.
For more information, please head over to our website: www.trengo.com."
Reply with your business hours
28. “Hey there! We’re currently closed, but we’ll get back to you during our office hours: [time]. In the meantime, you can check out our website [link] for more information about our products and services.”
29. “Hello [customer name]! Unfortunately, you've reached us outside of our business hours and all our support agents are currently away. Our team will respond to you during business hours from [time] to [time], between [hour] to [hour]. Meanwhile, you can check out our FAQ page here [link].”
30. "Thanks for contacting Trengo!
We’d love to help, but we’re currently closed 🕦 (See our schedule at trengo.com/businesshours). We’ll come back to you the next working day ⏰.
In the meantime, did you know we have a Help Center at help.trengo.com that answers our most frequently asked questions? Perhaps you’ll find your answer without the help of our agents.
Get started with WhatsApp auto reply messages
At this point, I'm sure that you have plenty of inspiration to create the most effective auto reply for your WhatsApp Business account. You can also just copy-paste one of the above WhatsApp Business auto reply message sample.
With Trengo, our smart customer engagement platform, you can provide the best possible customer experience via WhatsApp Business. You can receive WhatsApp messages together with all your other channels in one inbox (such as email, voice, and live chat), use WhatsApp Business with multiple users, create your own WhatsApp chatbot, and more.
Do you want to send auto reply messages to your customers on WhatsApp?