How to set up an auto-reply on Telegram in 6 steps
If you stumbled upon this blog, you're probably already using Telegram for your business. And with success — since you're looking for a way to manage all the incoming Telegram messages even better. Auto-replies can help you achieve just that.
By setting up an auto-reply on Telegram, you assure customers of a fast response which leaves your team with more time to manage incoming messages. This not only reduces the workload on your team but also increases customer satisfaction.
The best part? Setting them up can already be done in a few steps. In fact, you don't even have to write the auto-replies yourself. There is a list of 15 inspiring auto-replies included in this blog.
So, sit back and relax.
What are the benefits of using a Telegram auto-reply bot?
With a Telegram auto-reply bot, you can:
1. Maintain a fast response time
Setting up an auto-reply bot can help you maintain a fast response time. With an auto-reply on Telegram, customers can receive an instant response even outside of business hours. This is particularly useful for businesses that operate in different time zones, as it allows them to provide support around the clock.
2. Improve your accessibility
Whether it's day or night, your customers will be happy to know that they can always count on your support being available. They will feel more confident that their concerns will be addressed quickly and effectively.
3. Increase customer satisfaction
Auto-reply messages on Telegram set clear expectations for customers. When you send an honest and transparent auto-reply message on Telegram, your customers will know what to expect from your team and will not be frustrated by any delays. This can help build trust and confidence in your brand, leading to increased customer satisfaction.
How to set an auto-reply on Telegram
I'll get straight to the point: it's not possible to set an auto-reply directly in Telegram. The app itself doesn’t offer this feature, which is why you need a third-party application to make it happen.
There are multiple apps that you can choose from, each with its own specialty. Since you're using Telegram for your business, I recommend you to set up an auto-reply with an omnichannel communication platform, such as Trengo.
How to set up a Telegram auto message in Trengo
It all starts with setting up your Telegram account in Trengo. This can be done within minutes, and it allows you to manage Telegram messages from your Trengo inbox.
After this, it’s time to set up the auto-reply itself. Here's how:
1. Go to Trengo’s settings → automation → auto-replies.
2. Click on the green + sign.
3. Select Telegram as a channel.
4. Decide when the auto-reply should be triggered. You can choose between the following instances:
- During business hours
- Outside of business hours
- On specific days (for example: only on weekends)
5. Write your auto-reply message.
6. Click ‘Save’.
15 inspiring Telegram auto-reply examples
Now that you know how to set up an auto reply in Telegram, it's time to share the promised auto-reply message examples. I hope they can be of good use or inspire you to create one yourself.
Check out these Telegram auto-reply message examples you can program with the Telegram bot API:
1. "Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We'll get back to you within 4 hours. Kind regards, team [business]."
2. "Hello! Thank you for your message. We're currently out of the office, but we will get back to you on our next working day. You can check our opening hours at trengo.com/businesshours. ⏰ Talk to you soon!"
3. "Thanks for your message. We'll get back to you within 24 hours. In the meantime, you can check out our help center for more information. Most likely, your answer is already there.😊"
4. "Thanks for reaching out to us via Telegram. We promise to get back to you shortly."
5. "Hi there! We received your message, and we'll redirect it to our best-fit agent. 🧑💻 You can expect an answer within 8 hours."
6. "Hi, you! Good to see you here. We would love to share with you a 50% discount code on all our summer clothes. Here you go XXX. Happy shopping! 🛍 "
7. "Hello! We’re currently closed, but we’ll get back to you first thing in the morning. In the meantime, you can read our new blog article about [title] here: [link]."
8. "Hi! Thanks for your message. We're currently a bit more busy than usual. We try to get to your message as quickly as we can. Thanks for your patience."
9. ”Hey there! We’re currently closed, but we’ll get back to you during our office hours: [time]. In the meantime, you can check out our website [link] for more information about our products and services.”
10. “Hey! Sorry, we are currently not able to respond to your message. Please leave your name and email address, and we will get back to you within 24 hours. [business] Team.”
11. “Hello there! You’ve reached us outside of our business hours and all our support agents are currently away. Our team will respond to you during business hours [time] to [time]. In the meantime, you can check out our FAQ page here. [link]”
12. “Happy Easter! Thanks for reaching out. We are a bit busier than normal, but we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.”
13. “Merry Christmas! 🎄🎁 Please let me know if you have any questions. Due to high demand during the holiday season, our response times may be slower than usual. Thank you for your patience.”
14. ”Hey [Customer Name]! Happy Valentine’s Day! 😍 To celebrate this special day, we’re offering a 25% discount on all of our products. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us and we’ll get back to you within [time].”
15. ”Thanks for your message! We're having technical issues with [product] and are working hard to resolve them. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with by leaving a message below.”
Start sending auto-reply messages on Telegram
Congrats! You passed this course on how to set up a Telegram auto-reply. 🥳 Now it’s time for some action.
With Trengo, you can manage your Telegram messages together with your other channels in one view, work together with colleagues on Telegram messages, and automate conversations with auto-replies. If you're looking for a way to manage your Telegram messages quickly and easily, give Trengo a try!