Here’s how to manage lots of WhatsApp chats for your e-commerce shop
If you already use WhatsApp Business for e-commerce, you probably know that managing chats can be a challenge as your business grows. If you don’t already use WhatsApp to reach your customers, the idea of adding another messaging app to your lineup may feel unmanageable.
But I’ll show you why you might want to add WhatsApp for Business and how the task of managing large volumes of chats for your e-commerce shop can be easier than you might imagine.
In this post, we’ll go over the whys and hows: why WhatsApp should be in your messaging lineup and why it’s good for your sales team, and therefore your bottom line. And how Trengo can help you manage large chat volumes by setting up automatic replies and tracking performance.
Let’s look at how you can use Trengo to help you handle a rising tide of messages, whether it’s caused by a sales peak or overall business growth.
Why WhatsApp for Business should be in your messaging lineup
WhatsApp is an internet-based instant messaging service, much like a text message. It’s a low-cost alternative to a carrier-based text service or SMS.
According to Statista, WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app, with over 2 billion users logging in each month. Not even close behind is Facebook Messenger with 1.3 billion and WeChat at 1.2 billion monthly users.
Adding a WhatsApp e-commerce integration as a communication option can open you to international markets that you might not otherwise reach easily. Whether you sell domestically or across borders, WhatsApp has some features that make it desirable for your e-commerce business:
● WhatsApp lets you create a verified business profile, so your customers can feel confident that they’re communicating with your shop and not a similar-but-different account. With a business profile, your brand identity will be highly visible, which is also good for recognition.
● WhatsApp’s easy click-to-chat lets you send and receive messages, pictures, videos, and calls internationally. When your reach grows, your revenue can grow as well.
● You can send up to 100 MB of documents, PDFs, spreadsheets, slideshows, and so on. Think of the possibilities – you can send catalogs and product inserts.
● You can set up quick replies which will allow you to quickly and easily reply to common questions. This gives you more time to work on more difficult inquiries.
● You can set up auto-replies when you’re not actually staffing the calls. Let your customers know when you’ll be available again so they know when they can expect to hear back from you.
Why WhatsApp is good for your business and sales team
Another messaging avenue for your customers should mean more messages, which is exactly what you want for your business. But will your sales team be able to handle the increased volume?
It’s easy for your sales team to embrace using a new app when they have the resources to manage it efficiently. You just need to find ways which will allow your sales team to work together.
Having one WhatsApp phone number is great for marketing because you only have one number to post throughout your website and marketing materials. It will reduce confusion for your customers and improve your store’s customer experience.
Earlier this year, WhatsApp announced their largest update in five years. Along with some security measures, they revealed a stunning new multi-device feature. Now you can access the same account from four additional devices.
Before this update, you had to use it with a communication platform. But I’m going to show you why you’ll still want to do that – so you can embrace one solution for the team.
Using Trengo to manage large chat volumes
There are many different multichannel platforms you can use to manage lots of chats, but I want to tell you about using Trengo and WhatsApp integrations with multiple users. Even though the app lets you access your account from multiple devices, that’s only four additional devices.
When you set up a multi-user management platform like Trengo, your whole team can access the same account, from multiple devices as well as multiple locations. So, no matter where your sales or customer service team members are located, you’ll all be dialed in. This feature is especially important now that teams are working remotely more often than ever.
For example, Dutch hardware retailer Hubo uses location data with Trengo and its WhatsApp messages to route customer order queries to the nearest Hubo location, all from one WhatsApp number:
This kind of platform gives you lots of control over your e-commerce customer service communications that you might not have otherwise. These are just some of the things you can do:
- With Trengo, you can connect your inbox using the WhatsApp Business API. All of your WhatsApp text messages will come into a central inbox that can be accessed using multiple devices at the same time.
- No more concerns about who’s taking a day off or who’s sick and not taking calls. Someone will be able to answer messages appropriately based on the conversation history. Not only does this make it easier for your sales and service team, but it also makes your customers happy. Nobody wants to explain an issue multiple times, so it’s important that you make it as easy as possible on your customers.
- You can set up automatic replies. Automatic replies can be sent to all incoming messages, so your customers immediately know that you’ve received their message and that you’ll follow up with a more detailed response.
- You can set customers’ expectations for when they’ll hear back from you when they’re busy. The sooner you can respond, the better, of course. But letting a customer know if it might take a few hours to get a reply can make the wait less stressful and uncertain for them.
- You’ll also be able to track performance. Do you want to know if WhatsApp conversations are converting into customers? You can do that using Trengo. When you know how your team is performing, you can make adjustments to ensure your customers are happy.
You need to have options for your customers to communicate with you in the ways that they want to. Adding WhatsApp for business and adding Trengo will help you bring all of your communications into one manageable solution. It’s a win-win.
Do you want more inspiration for using WhatsApp for Business? Check out this article to see examples of businesses using WhatsApp for Business and Trengo to manage large message volumes.