14 Best Google's Business Welcome Messages
We recently gave a warm welcome to another fantastic communication channel: Google's Business Messages. This channel will soon become the easiest way for customers to contact your business before visiting your store. Once the customer has found your business on Google, sending a message is just one click away.
When you connect your Google's Business Messages to Trengo, you can easily create a strong welcome message. When you use a strong greeting message, you're assured of a good first impression even outside of business hours. In other words: you make it even more tempting for the customer to come and visit your store right away.
In this blog, I'll tell you all about Google's Business messages and how to use welcome messages to your advantage:
- What is a Google's Business welcome message?
- Why you should use a welcome message for Google's Business
- The look and feel of an effective Google's Business welcome message
- Top 14 Google's Business welcome messages
What is a Google's Business welcome message?
When your customer asks you a question via Google Business, you can automate the process of sending them a standardized welcome message. There are multiple greetings you can use for different types of situations.
Trengo makes it easy to create one greeting message for all your communication channels. This way, you can use the same welcome message via live chat, Facebook Messenger, and WhatsApp Business too.
Why you should use a welcome message for Google Business
By sharing the right welcome message at the right time, you can achieve the following:
- Lower your response time by automatically greeting your customers
- Personally invite your customers to come to visit your store
- Offer service to your customers even outside of business hours
The look and feel of an effective Google's Business welcome message
Before we get into the list, there are some best practices I would like to share when it comes to writing your greeting messages:
1. Be clear and set expectations
The ultimate goal of chatting with customers is to provide them with a suitable solution or answer. Your customer must leave the chat satisfied. In case you don't have the answer yet, you have to be clear on when they can expect a response.
Let's have a look at two examples.
1) We will get back to you as soon as possible.
2) We will get back to you within 24 hours.
The first greeting is vague and will leave the customers questioning if they will be answered tomorrow or the next day.
The second greeting is clear. It provides the customers with a timeframe in which to expect a response.
2. Be honest and transparent
Don't be afraid to share the true reason for your absence or your delayed response time.
The simple truth that your team has a very busy day gets your customer's understanding. It also gives you the chance to overdeliver in case you are able to respond sooner than expected.
3. Give your greetings a human touch
Some greeting messages tend to come off a little too formal. But just because it is an automated message, doesn't mean you have to come across as a robot.
When writing your greeting message, try to sound as human as possible. You can - for example -add some more context to your messages by using emojis. 😃
Top 14 Google's Business welcome messages
A greeting is most useful when you use the right one in the right situation. What goal would you like to achieve by sending your message? I gathered a top 14 with Google's Business welcome messages you can use in different situations.
General Google's Business welcome messages
1. "Thanks for your message. We will get back to you within 24 hours. Kind regards, [business name] team."
2. "Hi there. Welcome to [business name]. Our team will get back to you the next working day. In the meantime, feel free to check our help center: [link to help center]. Chances are, you will find your answer there."
Chat is an informal way of communicating with your customers. That's why your greeting message should be straight to the point. Also, make sure you keep your brand's identity and tone of voice in mind when writing your greeting messages.
At Trengo, we use the first message during business hours. In this situation, our customer service team is ready to assist our customers.
Customer support welcome messages
3. "Hello! Thanks for your message. We will transfer your questions to our best-fit support agent. 🙌 You'll receive a response within 24 hours."
4. "Hi. We received your message. We will get back to you within a day. In the meantime, you can check out our help center full of answers to frequently asked questions here: [link to help center]."
5. "In the meantime, our tutorial videos may already answer your question: [link to YouTube channel]."
Self-service. We see it more and more often. Customers want a quick fix, and doing it themselves seems to be the fastest and most practical way. This makes self-service an important trend in customer support.
One of the most used ways to offer self-service is by creating a help center. In Trengo, you can create your own help center with articles addressing frequently asked questions or troubleshooting guides.
You can use your welcome greeting as an opportunity to offer proactive self-service and simply mention the link to your channel in the greeting.
Sales related welcome messages
6. "Hi. Sorry, we're not available at the moment. If you leave your name and phone number, we will get back to you within 24 hours. Team [business name]."
7. "Hey there. If you are interested in our product or service, please leave your name and number in the chat. Our team will get back to you the next working day."
8. "Hi there. Welcome to [business name]. 👋 We are currently providing all new customers with a welcome gift. Feel free to leave your name and phone number and take advantage of this offer."
By sending one of these messages, you're able to collect leads even outside of business hours. You collect customer's contact information and get back to them the next day.
Note: by using Google's Business Messages, you automatically save your customer's email address. This makes collecting leads even easier.
Welcome messages for your physical store
Customers will probably contact you via Google's Business messages to get information or insurance on business hours, your stock, or services. After all, they were already planning on visiting your shop.
Here is a greeting you can use to invite them to your store right away:
9. "Hi there, thanks for contacting us. it may take a while to get back to you here, but you are welcome in our physical store at [address] from [openingshours]."
Event-based welcome messages
We all have to deal with seasonal activities or special occasions throughout the year. If these situations affect your services in any way, you need to inform your customers.
Here are two example for both seasonal activities or special occasions:
10. "Hello! Because our team is super busy packing up gifts, it may take us a little longer to respond than you expect from us. We promise we will get back to you within 24 hours. 🕑 "
11. "We hope you had a wonderful Christmas time! Our support team has some catching up to do. 📫 We will get back to you within a day."
12. "Hi, how can I help you today? Please be aware that we may answer a little less fast than usual in these unprecedented times."
Out-of-office welcome messages
Out-of-office messages are not only useful for gathering leads. They also come in handy to provide your customers with information and increase your response time. This way, your customers are helped even without any interference from an agent.
13. "Thanks for your message. We are currently closed, but we will get back to you within 24 hours. For more information on our opening hours and services, you can check our website: www.trengo.com."
14. "Thanks for contacting Trengo!
We’d love to help, but we’re currently closed 🕦 (See our schedule at trengo.com/businesshours). We’ll come back to you the next working day ⏰.
In the meantime, did you know we have a Help Center at help.trengo.com that answers our most frequently asked questions? Perhaps you’ll find your answer without the help of our agents 😱.
The Trengo team"
In this example, we first give our customers a clear reason for our absence and then provide them with a link to our help center.
Provide direct customer communication via Google's Business Messages
By connecting your Google Business account to Trengo, you will provide your customers with the best customer experience via Google's Business Messages and give them a warm welcome to your store. Trengo allows you to receive Google's Business messages together with all of your other channels in one inbox, use Google Business with multiple users, and even create your own Google Business chatbot.