How to add a chatbot to your website in 5 easy steps
With Trengo, you can create your own chatbot without having to use code. In this blog, I will take you through the steps to make your first bot and integrate a chatbot on your website.
What is a chatbot?
First things first. We have all heard of a chatbot before, but what is it exactly and how does it work?
A chatbot is a scripted AI tool that talks to customers via multiple channels. For instance WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Telegram. Chatbots help people to work productively and efficiently. They can also help you to increase your conversion rate and generate leads.
Integrate a chatbot into your website
Now that you are – hopefully – excited about adding a chatbot to your website, it is time to help you get started. Trengo can help you add a chatbot to your website in five easy steps.
- Request the chatbot
- Configure the chatbot
- Train the chatbot
- Test the chatbot
- Celebrate your new team member
1. Request the chatbot
- Go to your Trengo admin account and create your first chatbot by clicking on the green plus sign.
- The next step is to give your chatbot an internal title and select the main language. Make sure the title is clear, in case you would like to add more chatbots in the future.
- Select the most relevant channels for your business. In this case, we will go for the website chat. If you have already requested this channel within Trengo, you can simply select it here. Otherwise, you will have to set up a website chat channel first.
- To connect the chatbot to the machine learning technique from Google, you have to request the chatbot client access from Google Dialogflow. Within Trengo, you get a step by step explanation on how to complete this process.
2. Configure the chatbot
You have just created your first chatbot. Congrats! 🤖 Now it is time to personalize it. The following settings are divided into ‘Content’ and ‘Advanced options’.
For starters, you can name your chatbot. I give you the tip to make this name playful and recognizable. Within these settings, you can also personalize the introduction text and fallback text.
We have already provided you with the basics and filled in these scenarios. If you would like to customize your chatbot, feel free to write out your own.
You can completely personalize your chatbot to your wishes. Trengo offers the following options:
- Agent fallback: If your chatbot cannot answer a question, it will forward the conversation to the service team.
- Failure limit: The chatbot keeps track of how often it does not know the answer to a question. If the failure limit is low, the chatbot will refer a question to the team more quickly.
- Partial answer failure limit: The chatbot can respond to more complex questions by returns what it understands in the conversation.
- Agent fallback confirmation: The chatbot asks the visitor if the conversation may be referred to an employee.
- Answer confidence: The higher the answer confidence percentage, the more certain the chatbot is about its answer to a question.
3. Train the chatbot
It is time to provide your chatbot with information about your company.
- Let’s start with creating categories. You can add categories such as General, Customer Service, and Sales. This gives you a clear overview of all the questions and answers your chatbot knows.
- Now you can add different questions and answers to your categories. Fill in several questions that match the same answer. This way the chatbot knows how to answer your visitors, even if a question is asked differently.
I advise you to add five different questions in the ‘Question’ field. I have made an example below that will show you how to implement this advice.
4. Test the chatbot
We have developed the Trengo Playground, in which you can test your own chatbot.
In the above case, the chatbot is 100% convinced that the question fits the answer. It is also possible that the matching percentage is shown in red. In the live environment, the chatbot will then say that he does not understand the question.
“I am a chatbot and I still have to learn a lot. Could you ask this question in a different way?”
The playground also gives you insight into how the bot handles complex questions. In the example below, we explain how the playground deals with this situation.
5. Celebrate your new team member
The time has come to celebrate your new team member and add the chatbot to your website. All you have to do is switch on the green button, save the changes and you are good to go 🚀
Try Trengo for free!🚀
A shared inbox for teams.Create Account
More than 20.000 companies preceded you.