How to set up a WhatsApp Business dashboard
Today’s modern consumers want to communicate with businesses on all their favorite channels. WhatsApp Business is one of those channels. It’s the most popular social media messaging app in the world. Over 50 million businesses around the globe use the app to start conversations with customers. WhatsApp Business helps companies drive sales, communicate with customers, and create meaningful relationships.
A small company can manage with the regular WhatsApp Business app, but medium to large companies need more. That’s where the WhatsApp Business API comes in. If you connect your WhatsApp number to a customer service tool like Trengo, you can create a dashboard for WhatsApp Business. And let me tell you why you absolutely need this.
What is a WhatsApp Business dashboard?
First things first. You may wonder what a dashboard for WhatsApp Business is in the first place. Well, it’s a dashboard where you and your customer service team can see your WhatsApp Business data in one view. You can see all conversations, discover interesting insights and organize messages based on labels. It’s as simple as that. Now that you know what it is, let’s dive into the benefits. How does a dashboard benefit you and your customer service team?
The benefits of a WhatsApp Business dashboard
Rome wasn’t built in a day. Neither is a great customer experience. Businesses need to iterate, improve, and learn from previous customer service experiences. You can do that solely based on gut feeling, but you’re way more likely to succeed if you make improvements based on data. That’s why you need a dashboard. Here are the 4 most important benefits of a dashboard for WhatsApp Business.
1. Work efficiently with your team
Who’s picking up that message? That’s a question you never have to ask again with a dashboard for WhatsApp Business. If you get a lot of WhatsApp messages every day, you need efficient collaboration. In your WhatsApp Business dashboard, you see which messages are answered, which messages are unread, and which are urgent. So you can assign conversations to a team or team members.
2. Keep your inbox squeaky clean
The last thing you want is a messy inbox. Labels and rules keep your inbox squeaky clean and help give a clear overview of your WhatsApp Business dashboard. You can segment customers or conversations with labels such as complaints, sales, or customer service. Or use rules to automate manual tasks and forward messages to customer service agents.
3. Get valuable insights
To measure is to know. In your dashboard, you can find all the insights you need around the customer service you offer. You can see the number of conversations your team handles on a daily basis, compare the customer service response time, or learn from frequently asked questions. If you ask customers to rate your service, your WhatsApp Business dashboard is also the place where you find your CSAT score.
4. Integrate your webshop software
As an e-commerce business or any other type of business, you probably work with multiple software systems. Think about warehouse-, marketing-, supply chain-, or delivery software. That’s a lot of clicking back and forth. In your WhatsApp Business dashboard, you can integrate these systems into one place. So you have all the information you need at your fingertips.
How to set up your dashboard
Did the benefits persuade you to long for a dashboard for WhatsApp Business? I’m glad. To get started with the dashboard, you need the WhatsApp Business API. The WhatsApp Business API allows you to answer messages with multiple people on multiple devices at the same time. You can connect the WhatsApp Business API to Trengo and it will take you less than 10 minutes to get the first messages to come in. Here are 4 steps to set up your WhatsApp Business dashboard.
- Start your free trial Don’t you have Trengo yet? That’s no problem at all. You can easily start your free trial within a matter of minutes. All you have to do is fill in the information and you’re ready to start. No credit card needed. Done? Let’s go to step 2.
- Apply for the WhatsApp Business API To get the ball rolling, you need to apply for the WhatsApp Business API. This process is taken care of by our partner 360dialog. They ask you to connect your Facebook Business account and fill in your business name and business phone number. After that, you’ll get a so-called token you can use in Trengo.
- Get verified To make sure that nobody takes advantage of phone numbers or business names, you’ll have to wait for the WhatsApp Business API to be approved. Just sit back and relax. This process won’t take long. In the meantime, you can already see some incoming WhatsApp messages in Trengo. Once your business account is verified, you can receive unlimited messages in your inbox.
- Discover your dashboard Now that you’re all set up, it’s time to discover your new dashboard in Trengo. You can view all incoming conversations, communicate with multiple agents and customers at the same time, get valuable insights and find out the performance of your customer service team. Your WhatsApp Business dashboard will help you gain clarity and overview.
Get started with your WhatsApp Business dashboard
Are you ready to boost your customer service? WhatsApp Business is the way to go. It’s the most popular social media messaging app in the world and counts 1.2 billion users every single month. The only thing you have to do is sign up and start your free trial. No credit card needed. Start today.