How to use Google Business Messages?
Google recently launched a completely new communication channel called Google Business Messages. This new product creates a frictionless online experience between consumers and businesses. We expect this communication channel will be big and serious competition to existing solutions such as mail, WhatsApp, Messenger, and WeChat. There are 2 different ways to use Business Messages, via the mobile application and via a third-party provider like Trengo.
- What is Google Business Messages?
- The advantages of Google Business Messages
- The 2 ways to implement Google my Business Messages
- Business Messaging App VS the API
What is Google Business Messages?
Google Business Messages is a new communication channel by Google that enables consumers to message businesses in Google Search or Google Maps in just one click. This way, consumers can message a business without having to visit the business’ website. Or enter any contact information, as they will be using your Google account. For now, Business Messages are only available for people that search on their phones.
Business Messages in Search
When people search for your business on Google, the Google My Business card appears (If you have listed your business). The Google my Business card shows different information about your business in the search results. Things like images, reviews and the location of your business. There are also buttons to your website to call your business, to save, and to show the route to the location on Google Maps. When Business Messages are enabled, there will be an extra button to start a chat.
Business Messages in Google Maps
In Google maps, it’s close to the same. When someone searches for the location of your business, they get a card in which they can also start a chat via Business Messages. Imagine your customers can’t find the location of your business, even if they’re looking on Maps (we’ve all been there). They can now easily start a chat with you to ask for help.
The advantages of Google Business Messages
Well, let’s start off with the obvious advantage: it’s Google! Google has over 3,5 billion daily searches worldwide and this amount grows 10% each year (InternetLiveStats). And now they offer a free and easy solution for people to contact your business right in their search engine. Just imagine how many more people will contact you!
The advantages of Business Messages are:
- It’s free.
- You will reach a lot more people and sell more.
- Higher customer satisfaction: it creates a better experience for your customers.
- Customers can easily communicate with the right in-store employees.
- An integration with Trengo.
The 2 ways to implement Google my Business Messages
There are 2 different ways to start using Business Messages. The first one is using the Google My Business application. This option is most interesting for small businesses as it’s completely free.
The second way to use the Business Messages is via a third-party provider like Trengo, which integrates the Business Messages API into a central customer communication platform. This makes it easy to manage high volumes of messages with multiple employees.
1. How to set up Business Messages via the Application
Business Messages only works via an Android phone or tablet. Follow these steps to set up Business Messages for Google Search and Google My Business:
How to set up Business Messages for Google My Business
- Go to your Google My Business application and open the location you woud like to manage.
- Click on Customer > Messages > Turn on, to turn on your conversations.
How to set up Business Messages for Google Maps
- Go to your Google Maps app
- Click on Updates > Messages > Business.
- Click on settings and turn on messaging.
If you want to get the most out of your customer communication, it is highly recommended to use a third-party tool like Trengo.
2. Integrate Business Messages with Trengo
Trengo is an all-in-one customer communication platform that unifies email, Voice, SMS, WhatsApp, Messenger, WeChat, live chat and Google Business Messages into one platform. This way, you can answer all your customer’s messages with your colleagues while staying organized.
Business Messaging App VS the API
The advantages of using the Google My Business App:
- Receive notifications from incoming messages.
- Automated welcome message.
- Share pictures with customers.
- All the people that own or manage the Google My Business account can answer questions.
- Disadvantage: Only works on android phone or tablet.
The advantages of using the Google Business API via Trengo:
- Receive notifications from incoming messages.
- Automated welcome messages.
- Share foto’s with customers.
- All users added to Trengo can answer the questions (this can be 2 but also 2000).
- Streamline business messages next to: Voice, WhatsApp, Messenger, email and more.
- Use chatbots to answer messages.
- Answer customers from both your desktop and mobile app.
- Both iOS and android mobile apps.
Try Trengo for free!🚀
A shared inbox for teams.Create Account
More than 20.000 companies preceded you.