A team inbox case study: 5 real-world success stories
When the customer service team misses a message it won’t always result in a bad review. But unfortunately, sometimes it does. And that’s not only a shame, but it’s also very unnecessary.
Individual email inboxes were never built for customer engagement. When your team has to handle a lot of queries, requests or any type of customer engagement they really need a shared inbox. Because working from the same place is the basis for fantastic customer engagement.
With a team inbox, you’re sure that:
- Your CS team can view all channels and all engagement in one glance: they are all set up to provide quick support. Customers will never have to wait long for an answer.
- Teamwork gets a boost and ensures collaboration: when there is one overview for all engagement it will bring transparency.
- All conversations are tracked and you gain insights: while team leads can assign conversations to balance the workload.
- And automation can boost responsiveness and productivity for large volumes of messages
That’s why we’ve collected 5 times a Team inbox case study. So you can check out the team inbox experience of these Enterprise businesses.
Real-world team inbox success stories
Confusion, double replies, double work… they are all of the past. Well, for the five companies we’ve listed at least since they are experiencing the benefits of a shared inbox.
Check out their experience!
The first team inbox case study is about Ferryscanner. A Greece-based search and booking platform, that helps people from all over the world find affordable tickets for ferries.
Challenge: too many different platforms
The Ferryscanner Customer Success team of 25 needed a solution to successfully manage over 1600 messages a week across five different communication channels.
Ferryscanner used a platform to manage their customer contact that had some major flaws. Unfortunately not all their customer conversations came together in their inbox. For instance, integration with their social media channels, to consolidate everything in the same inbox, was too difficult and too expensive.
Solution: one clear overview
To ensure that the Ferryscanner customer success team was fully equipped and trained to provide customers with the best experience possible, CS supervisor Alvertos approached a customer engagement platform. The platform lets businesses consolidate all customer channels and conversations into a single place.
“Trengo offers us much more than I had ever imagined possible.”Alvertos Iskinatzis, Customer Success Supervisor at Ferryscanner
Since implementing a customer engagement platform with a shared inbox at the beginning of 2021, Ferryscanner has been able to work structured and systematically, especially during busy periods. From one shared inbox they now manage all their communication channels, automate time-consuming parts of their workflow, and efficiently collaborate on answering customer questions.
The real team inbox success story is that now the Ferryscanner CS team manages over 1600 messages a day across five different communication channels. Instead of per week.
This is how Ferryscanner makes use of their shared inbox:
1. They connect all their communication channels to their customer engagement platform: they now need one platform and one shared inbox to manage email, live chat, WhatsApp, Google’s Business Messages, and Facebook.
2. Set up a (no coding) Flowbot: to collect customer info at the beginning of every conversation. Check out here how you can do this too.
3. Labeled conversations: to detect the most frequently asked questions during the summer months, and take action. This way they improve their Flowbot, so that repetitive tasks can be automated.
Cisco Meraki is a leading enterprise IT company. They provide wireless, security, switching, and communications solutions – all of which can be centrally managed from the cloud. They support 230,000 customers in the management of their applications.
Challenge: high volume requests
Cisco Meraki’s global sales team of more than 600 representatives needs continuous operational support. And they get that from their 16-person Sales Support team. Who troubleshoot, support, and serve as admins, 24/7.
Before they used a distribution list in Outlook. But this caused the Sales Support team to sort through a massive amount of emails, and threads siloed into different inboxes. As quick support is essential to close business deals, they needed a solution that would prevent the team from missing important requests. And that allowed them to work more efficiently.
Solution: transparent workflows
Cisco is an enterprise that handles 10.000 minimum requests per month. It’s safe to say they were in need of a solution that could streamline all their engagement.
Now they’ve implemented a customer engagement tool with a shared inbox. Where all their communication comes together and that equally allows for their support team to work effectively.
With their shared inbox, they are able to handle all of their requests easily. The teams don’t miss emails anymore, and their workflows are transparent. Something they couldn’t get done with just Outlook. There’s more! They now have a maximum response time of 15 minutes. And also saved 20+ hours of work via automation.
This is how Cisco makes the most of its shared inbox:
1. Every team member is on top of requests (and accountable)
2. Conversations don’t slip into the cracks because now they make use of automated workflows
3. They use automation, like templates and tags, to save time
4. They’ve set up rules to identify certain trends
Volero dominates the Dutch market when it comes to selling rugs online. For the living room, bedroom, nursery, and garden, they’ve got it all.
Challenge: providing the best experiences
The CS team at Volero spends their time answering hundreds of questions that come in via email, chat, and social media. Of course, they want to deliver fantastic customer experiences. That’s why they looked for a customer service platform to:
- Make communication with customers simple (and time efficient)
- Efficiently organize incoming conversations from every channel they have
- Make it easier to reply quickly and consistently to customers
Solution: efficiency boost through automation
For that reason, they chose a customer engagement platform for all their customer contact. From emails to live chat. Customer service agents now work from the same inbox.
In addition, they use automation (labels) to easily send a quick reply. Cutting their repetitive tasks. While their e-commerce integrations with Lightspeed and Picqer provide direct insights into order and delivery information. Resulting in their CS team having all the details they need to engage with customers in the same overview.
“The transition to Trengo, including all integrations, was successfully handled within a week.”Gwenda Miog, E-commerce Manager at Volero
Within six months, the customer service response time was reduced. And the numbers really don’t lie. Instead of waiting 8,5 hours, customers now got an answer within 5,5 hours. Their CS too felt the efficiency and was able to up productivity.
This is what Volero got out of their shared inbox:
After setting up their shared inbox Volero was able to:
- Decrease response times from 8,5 hours to 5,5 hours
- Work efficiently based on labels
- Use e-commerce integrations to show order and shipment details in the same view as customer conversations
Another team inbox case study is about Jamani. This enterprise specializes in e-commerce and owns various online subsidiaries such as Dekbed discounter.nl, WoonQ.nl, Koopjedeal.nl, and De Arend. All thriving webshops.
The challenge: unifying communication
With their growing number of webshops, and the shops themselves growing too, Jamani’s number of daily customer inquiries is growing fast. That’s why Jamani needed a shared inbox. To consolidate all of their webshops and additional customer communication in one place.
Where they before used a different tool for each separate communication channel they needed to bring everything together on one platform. Because it became too difficult to keep a clear overview. And they weren’t yet done adding channels. They were looking to add WhatsApp Business too.
The solution: all conversations in one inbox
All customer conversations via email, live chat, WhatsApp, and Facebook are managed on their customer engagement platform. With their fast-growing webshops, and growing customer engagement they handle more than 1000 conversations in the shared inbox on a daily basis. Again they don’t have to switch tabs anymore. This will save your team a lot of time!
They also needed a fast set-up time, since they wanted to stay available during the corona crisis. They couldn’t afford technical difficulties. Luckily, their platform required no in-depth technical knowledge and was quickly set up with all their channels.
This is what Jamani gets out of its shared inbox
- A very clear overview and layout of all conversations
- Focus and increasing productivity for the team resulting in faster response times
- A user-friendly and accessible solution, that makes it easy to see how many conversations are currently being handled on each channel
- Insights on engagement, where leads can discover what’s going well and where they need to step it up
Our last team inbox case study is from Shopify. Shopify i s an e-commerce platform that allows individuals and businesses alike to create all-in-one commerce platforms. To start, run and grow businesses. This enterprise company is well-known and supports over 600.000 active stores worldwide.
Challenge: delivering high-quality results
Shopify has a big batch of enterprise customers. And these accounts are handled by their Merchant Success Management Team. As Shopify grows its customer base grows too. The MSM team has gained more and more accounts and is required to handle equally as much support. Their Gmail inboxes however keep filling up, and the team had a hard time keeping up. That’s why they need a solution that could keep up with their business growth. So they could keep providing customers with fantastic experiences.
Solution: efficient collaboration
Once Shopify started with a customer engagement platform that included a shared inbox, they saw an immediate increase in collaboration. Via automation team members were able to work together on issues easily. As they could internally tag each other, or set up workflows that directed issues to the right member or teams.
Overall there was a bigger transparency among team members regarding communication and processes. Resulting in reliable customer support.
How Shopify makes the most of its shared inbox:
1. They now provide faster support via automated rules, tags, templates
2. They use internal comments to work together, instead of long email threads and cc’s
3. Automate workflows to increase transparency and accountability
4. Also, rolled it out company-wide to account managers but also to HR and operational teams
5. And organised a level of high-quality communication that their enterprise customers expect
A team inbox case study: keep up with your customers, use a shared inbox
After reading the team inbox case study, you know keeping up with your customers can be a lot of work but it doesn’t have to be hard work.
Once you start streamlining your customer communication via a customer engagement platform that offers a shared inbox, automation, and all your communication channels (such as WhatsApp) your business will find there’s room to grow.
Fantastic customer experiences are only a shared inbox away.