20 must-have Instagram Direct Message templates for your business
Not long ago, Instagram was only used to share pretty pictures with friends and family. But now, business is thriving on the social platform. And — as we all know — it all goes down in the DMs. Even for companies.
Whether it’s a customer asking questions about the status of their order or a brand reaching out to an influencer, the DM inbox has become the hotspot for doing business on the gram. It’s where you can truly connect with new people.
In order to prepare yourself for this goldmine of potential interactions, we have put together 20 Instagram Direct Message templates for your business. They’ll give you the right inspiration to get the most out of every situation you encounter.
The best Instagram Direct Message templates for businesses
First of all, we’ll start with DMs to reach out to people. On Instagram, there is a huge opportunity for brands to reach out to existing followers or potential collaborators. Here’s some inspiration.
- Hi there! Thanks for following us. As a sign of appreciation, you can use the discount code [DISCOUNT CODE] on our website. Talk soon!
- Hey! 👋 Tomorrow we will release our new [PRODUCT]. Nobody knows yet, because our Instagram followers are the first to be invited. Tomorrow at 12:00, we will start advertising it to the rest of the world, so act fast. Here’s the link: [LINK].
- Hello! As you may know, our Instagram following is always the first to get access to our new products and discounts. But did you know we also have a newsletter? In there, you can learn more about everything that’s going on with [BRAND] and stay up-to-date on all the upcoming releases. Sign up here: [LINK].
- Hi there. I wanted to quickly reach out and let you know that we have some amazing deals on our website right now. Don’t sleep, we have limited stock for this one.
- Hi! Last time, you asked us about [PRODUCT]. Back then, we didn’t have it in stock, but I’m checking in to let you know we just restocked it. You can find it here: [LINK]. Please let us know if there’s anything else you’re looking for!
- Hey there! I have been following you for a while and I must say I am really impressed with your profile. Especially your last post was great. I am reaching out to you because we are starting a new brand campaign soon and would like to collaborate with you. Please let me know if you’re interested!
- Hey! My name is [NAME], and I’m reaching out to let you know how much I’m enjoying your profile. To be direct, I would like to know if you’ve every collaborated with any brands before. If not, I’d like to advise you to consider it — your profile is 100% worth it. If you’d like, we could set up a call to discuss the possibilities to collaborate with [BRAND]. Let me know!
- Hi! As you can see on our profile, we just launched the campaign for our new [PRODUCT]. We’re currently looking for partners who are open to joining in on promoting this — for a fee of course. Would you be open to doing this? Let me know, and I’ll get back to you with more details.
Besides reaching out to other Instagram users, you will (hopefully) also receive messages from your customers. In that case, you want to be able to reply as fast and clear as possible. Because speed is one of the most valued qualities a brand can have on Instagram. Check out some handy customer service templates:
Replying to complaints
- Hi [CUSTOMER NAME]. Sorry to read that you had a bad experience with us. Please let me know all the details about what went wrong, and I will make sure to immediately pick this up internally.
- Hello [CUSTOMER NAME], my name is [AGENT NAME]. I’m really sorry to hear about [COMPLAINT]. This is not the type of service we would like to give to our customers. I’m going to pick this up internally, but would also like to give you a discount code to make things right. Please use [DISCOUNT CODE] to get 30% off your next order with us. I know it doesn’t solve anything right now, but it’s the least I can do.
- Hi [CUSTOMER NAME]. First of all, I’d like to apologize for your bad experience with us. We hold the customer experience to high standards, but we have clearly failed to do so in this case. Please let me know here or via [PHONE NUMBER] the details of what happened, so that we can get to the bottom of it and hopefully resolve the issue.
Replying to feedback
- Hey there! First of all, thanks for the feedback. We truly appreciate every suggestion we get to improve ourselves, especially from our customers. We’ll definitely take your idea into account. Enjoy the rest of your day!
- Hiya! Wanted to let you know that I read your message and appreciate the thorough feedback. We cherish all the ideas we get and use them to improve ourselves every single day. If you ever have any more points of improvement for us, please feel free to reach out. It never falls on deaf ears at [COMPANY NAME].
- We’re nothing without our loyal followers. That’s why we appreciate you reaching out with this feedback. We’re discussing this internally in our next meeting, and would like to give you a discount code as a token of appreciation: [DISCOUNT CODE].
- We love it when our customers take time out of their day to give us feedback. Not only do we appreciate it, but we’d also like to assure you that we really take it into consideration as well. We are striving to improve our [PRODUCT/SERVICE] each and every day. And you play a vital role in that. 🤝
Questions about orders
- Hi there! You can order products directly via Instagram shopping or our website: [LINK]. Let me know if I can help you with anything!
- Hello. You can find all the information about your order in your account: [LINK]. Does there seem to be an issue? Please let me know and I will look into it right away.
- Picking the right size is never easy, especially online. That’s why we’ve made a special page on our website with all the info you need to make the best-informed decision: [LINK].
Questions about shipping options
- Hi there. We offer multiple shipping options to make sure you get your order ASAP or at a time that suits you best. Have a look at all the different options at [LINK]. Don’t hesitate to shoot me a message if you have any more questions.
Refunds and return policy
- Hi there, thanks for reaching out. You can return products within [NUMBER] working days, with a complete refund. For more information on how it all works, check out our return policy here: [LINK].
How to use Instagram Direct Message templates
There are two ways to put these Instagram direct message templates to good use.
The first is to set them up as quick replies in your Instagram Business account. You can learn how to do that here.
Another way is to start using a customer service platform, such as Trengo. This has the following benefits:
- You can manage Instagram DMs together with your other channels (such as WhatsApp and email)
- You can automate your conversations with templates, auto-replies, and even bots
- You can easily collaborate with your team members by assigning messages and talking within chat threads with customers.
You can try out our customer service platform completely free of charge for 14 days. Connecting your Instagram account is done within minutes, so you’ll get to see its effects right away.
Try Trengo for free!🚀
A shared inbox for teams.Create Account
More than 20.000 companies preceded you.