When a customer sends you a Facebook message showing interest in your product, it’s key to provide them with a fast response. Strike the iron while it’s hot. But when you receive a hundred messages a day, some might slip through your fingers.
Well, not anymore.
By using a sales script, you can answer customer questions within one click. A sales script saves your team a lot of time and — if you do it right — also increases your sales. In this blog, you’ll learn how to write a sales script, how to use it, and get inspired by some ready-to-use Facebook Messenger sales scripts.
What is a Facebook Messenger sales script?
A Facebook Messenger sales script is a pre-written message you can send to (potential) customers. They save your team time on writing the same openings lines and messages over and over again. You can think of messages that include discount codes, promotions, and so on.
How to write a sales pitch on Facebook Messenger
We hold on to a different etiquette for each communication channel. You can keep the following best practices in mind when writing a sales pitch on Facebook Messenger.
Don’t push it
The purpose of sending a sales script is to increase your sales. Yet, you don’t want to push your customer to buy. You should make it feel like you’re doing them a favor by sharing this message.
✅ “I wanted to let you know that we currently have a 15% discount on all clothes.”
❌ “Shop now with 15% off!”
It’s so interesting what words can do. The first example comes across as nice and thoughtful, while the second one could pass for an ad.
Keep it short
I’ll be honest with you. When I receive a long paragraph of text via Facebook Messenger, I don’t take the time to read it. Eventually, I even forget about it and the message will get lost in my inbox.
Keep in mind that you’re sending a Facebook message, not an email. If you send a short message, it will be easier for your customer to digest what you’re saying and send a reply.
Give it a human touch
A script can sound very robotic very quickly. That’s why you should give your copy a human touch. Use, for example, emojis to convey emotion. Also, try to end your message with a question or an action point. This will make your script feel like a conversation starter instead of an automated message.
How to use Facebook Messenger sales scripts
You can send a Facebook Messenger sales script in either two ways: manually or automatically.
If you would like to send out Facebook Messenger sales scripts manually, you can do this by creating quick replies. Quick replies allow you to insert messages into your chat conversations with one click or a keyboard shortcut.
To automatically send out sales scripts, you’ll have to use a chatbot. When customers mention specific keywords, the bot will be triggered to send the script.
12 Best Facebook Messenger sales scripts
Let’s start with some of the best Facebook Messenger sales scripts. I’ve collected various scripts you can use in different situations and for different purposes.
I hope you can find the one that you’re looking for. 👀
Welcoming sales scripts
- “Hi there! Thanks for your interest in [product]. Can I help you find your perfect fit?👕”
- “Hi! Thanks for your message. Did you know we have a 15% discount on all [product]?”
- “Good morning. 👋 We’ve received your message and we will get back to you within 2 hours. Want to do some shopping in the meantime? Check our sale here: [link].”
Proactive sales scripts
- “Hi you! I saw your profile and thought you might be interested in [product]. If you would like to give it a try, you can use the code XXX for a 10% discount.”
- “Hello. 😄 I thought I’d just sent you a message in case you’ve missed our summer sale. Check here if your favorite items are included: [link]. Happy shopping!🛍”
- “Hi! Good news: we will launch some brand new products tomorrow at 11 PM. We wanted to let you know first! Let me know if you would like to pre-order.📦”
Personal sales scripts
- “Hi! Good to see you again. Are you still happy with your [product]? 😄 I wanted to let you know that [product] is currently on sale. You can check it out here: [link].”
- “Hi there! Happy birthday! Here’s our gift to you: a free [product] with your next order. 🎁 Enjoy your special day.”
Sales scripts for special events
- “Ho-ho-ho! We wish you a Merry Christmas! With the discount code XXX, you get a 15% discount on the most amazing gifts.🎅”
- “Hi there. We can feel love is in the air. 💞 Order your Valentine’s gift now and receive a free [product].”
Ending the conversation
- “Thanks again for reaching out. I hope you’ll enjoy your product! P.S. post a picture with your [product] using #[business name] and win 100,- euro shopping money. 💸 Read more here: [link].”
- “Thanks for buying at [business name]. We hope you’ll enjoy your product. 🙌 As a token of our appreciation, you can use the code XXX to get 20% off your next purchase. Hope to see you soon!”
Send your first Facebook Messenger sales script
Good. Now you’ve got some inspiration, it’s time to send your first script. You can simply copy-paste the above examples or write your own Facebook Messenger sales script.
Last but not least, I’d like to invite you to start a trial account with Trengo. With our tool, you can:
- Manage Facebook Messenger together with all your other channels in one platform
- Collaborate on Facebook Messages by tagging colleagues in conversations
- Speed up your response time on Facebook Messenger by using automation tools
Try Trengo for free!🚀
A shared inbox for teams.Create Account
More than 20.000 companies preceded you.