How to set up an Instagram DM auto reply [a quick guide]
In the past years, Instagram has grown into an important customer communication channel for businesses. Both prospects and customers reach out to businesses via both the comments and the DMs to ask questions and even order products.
Adopting Instagram is a great opportunity, but it also comes with an added workload. Your customers expect speedy answers, but your team won’t always have time. That’s why you can set up an Instagram DM auto reply with Trengo.
The benefits of setting up an Instagram DM auto reply
Like I said, on Instagram, speed is key. In the age of instant gratification, businesses that reply fast score points. Simply setting up an account without managing it properly will cost you.
A couple of years ago, customers understood that they were expected to browse to your website, perhaps via the link in your Instagram bio. But now, more and more people are unwilling to leave the platform at all.
By setting up an auto reply for your Instagram DMs, your customers always get a fast response. Whether it’s outside of business hours and you’re letting them know when you’re getting back to them. Or if it’s a message informing customers on how busy you currently are and that response times are a bit slower than usual.
How do you get the auto reply feature on Instagram DM?
The quick answer here is: you can’t. Instagram doesn’t offer this feature, which is why you need a third-party application to make it happen.
There are multiple apps out there that can help with making this happen. Although all of them have different features that make them special. With Trengo’s customer service platform, you manage your Instagram direct messages together with your other channels in one view. You can keep an overview of all your communication, work together with colleagues on managing DMs, and automate your conversations with auto replies.
How to set up an Instagram DM autoreply in Trengo
First, you have to set up your Instagram account in Trengo. To do this, you need a Business Instagram account. The setup process is done within minutes and allows you to reply to comments and direct messages from your inbox.
Next, it’s time to set up the auto reply itself. This is also done in no time:
- Go to your settings >automation >auto replies.
- Click on the green + sign.
- Fill in the message you want to send during opening hours.
- Fill in the message you want to send outside of openings hours.
- Decide on which days you want your auto replies to be sent (for instance, you could decide to only activate it during the weekend).
- Hit the save button.
Try Trengo for free!🚀
A shared inbox for teams.Create Account
More than 20.000 companies preceded you.
Inspiration: 8 Instagram auto reply samples
Now that you know how to set up your own auto replies for Instagram, it’s time for some well-deserved inspiration. Below, you can find some strong examples of Instagram auto replies that you can use for your company account.
1. “Thanks for reaching out! We’ll get back to you within 24 hours. Kind regards, the [company] Team.“
2. “Hi there! Welcome to [company]. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can check out our help center for more information: [link]. We have put a lot of effort into it, so the answer to your question may already be in there!”
3. “Hello! We wanted to let you know we received your message and will be in touch before we close at [time].”
4. “Thanks for reaching out to us via Instagram. We’ll get back to you shortly.”
5. “Hello! Good to see you. Did you already know we currently offer a 50% discount on all of our products? The code is XXXX. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!”
6. “Hi there! We’re currently closed, but we’ll get back to you at [time]. In the meantime, read our new blog article [title] by clicking here: [link]“
7. Hi there! Welcome to [company]. We have received your message and will get back to you within [time frame].
8. “Thank you for your message! We are currently out of the office, but we will get back to you first thing in the morning.”
For more information, please head over to our website: www.trengo.com.
Set up your first auto reply for Instagram
So that was our quick guide on how to start using auto replies for Instagram. Ready for action? Start a free trial account with Trengo for 14 days to find out how it can make your life easier, faster, and more automated.